(Marketpress) Pro's and con's of including the main site as part of the network?

On a Multisite install, does the plug-in treat the main site the same as the other stores in the network? Will there be any issues using global shortcodes or other features if I list products on the main site? Just wondering what the advantages and disadvantages are..

Thanks
Mark

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Mark,

Marketpress recognizes that the main site is indeed the main site (for showing the store listings and other main site operations) but it will treat your store on the site just like any other.

I've not had any issues using Global Shortcodes and having my main site products be included in the listings.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced anything beyond the expected behavior that I experienced. :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks Kimberly. Are there any front end or admin advantages you can think of having the main site also be a store with products? I'm just wondering whether I should create a buffer between the main site and stores. I was thinking there might be some issues with security or speed.

Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.