Marketpress pugin- not looking professional

I recently purchased Marketpress plugin , and I was hoping it
would have a much better, enhanced and more professional look than your
free version of the plugin- Marketpress Lite.
owever, I have became disappointed after installing the purchased
plugin; because the shopping cart has the same look, and appearance as the free version. It is very un-impressing-
For
example the 'Continue checkout' button has a pale background/text and
difficult to see.
Is there anyway I can further customise the shopping cart with its
color, font size etc?
Why do the shopping cart looks the same as the free version?

Kind regards
Mahmood

• Brian Purkiss

While MarketPress does have some default styling, its appearance is almost completely dependent on the theme you are using. And everything is completely customizable through theming.

What theme are you using? It almost sounds like your theme is having some styling conflicts.

To customize the shopping cart's color, font size, etc is all done through CSS.

The lite and full shopping carts look the same as they both utilize the same functionality and have the same basic styling.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!

• mpiraee

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your message.
    Please direct me further on re: CSS and change of color, font.

I am using Proframework theme Striker

http://proframework.com/demos/?theme=striker

my website is http://www.saffron2020.ca

Specifically : the buttons for "Update car" and also "Continue checkout" are
    are so pale some people may never see them on the page.

Then please let me know what are the advantages of the premium Marketpress compared to Lite? I am a beginner in this, but I understood that the paid plugin will not be further updated after its first month; but at the same time Lite can be updated all the time?
    need to know what is advantage?
    Many thanks
    Mahmood

• Brian Purkiss

As I suspected, conflicts between your theme and the MarketPress plugin are what's causing the display issues.

I'm sorry, but providing you with a bunch of CSS snippets to drastically change your site's design is a little beyond the scope of support we offer here.

We have to draw a line between what is "support" and what is "custom". Think of support as helping you implement our product in any of the ways it's meant to "out of the box". Custom work would be anything additional that the plugin doesn't do by default.

It's tricky, and believe me, we'd love to be able to code every single feature/product/customization requested, but it's not possible.

So, if we can support you in using this plugin on your site as it currently exists, we're more than happy to do so, but if you need a custom plugin or modifications we don't have the manpower to assist on that. If you are willing to pay someone to develop this, you should take a look at the WPMU Job Board or Tweaky.

Or possibly someone else here on the forums could help you customize your site's design.

You can see a comparison chart of features between MarketPress and MarketPress lite on the MarketPress Lite page.

Sorry that I could not be of further assistance. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!

• mpiraee

Hi Brian

Thanks for your message. If you could help me me how to make these slight changes would be great:
    1. on Shop page the Buy now' button is in blue background which is good, no changes needed
    http://www.saffron2020.ca/store/products/saffron-2020-one-bottle-30-capsules/

2. on the following page the Update Car and Checkout Now are in grey background
    how can I make these two buttons in blue color as the above
    http://www.saffron2020.ca/store/products/saffron-2020-one-bottle-30-capsules/

3. on the following page the Continue Checkout is also in grey bacground, how can it change to blue color as above
    http://www.saffron2020.ca/store/shopping-cart/shipping/

I do no need any further specific customisation/

I appreciate this greatly- our customers have already eye problems and difficult to recognise these gray buttons I have to change them to the blue color as it has more contrast,
    I look forward to your specific help, thank you.

Kind regards
    Mahmood

• mpiraee

Hi Brian,

As noticed I am beginner here, but your 'abstract' mention of what to do in general is not helpful to me.

This is really a 'Support" function I am asking ;; it is just to know how to change the color of the buttons in Shopping cart--

pls if yo cannot provide a direct help, can you ask someone else to write me back, thanks.

With a paid product I would expect some assistance and this is not much of the work.

I look forward to hearing either from you or a colleague of you with some helpful direct tips. (I mean step by step) for changing the color o the buttons)
    thanks
    Mahmood

• aecnu

Greetings Mahmood,

Thank you for your feedback and it is indeed appreciated.

I understand that the color of the buttons are not what you would prefer and that you prefer them to be a different color.

Changing the color other then the way it comes out of the box is indeed custom coding which is clearly defined by my direct inline Boss: Think of support as helping you implement our product in any of the ways it's meant to "out of the box". Custom work would be anything additional that the plugin doesn't do by default.

Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gravity-forms-and-marketpress#post-243682

With that said we do indeed try to help even if it is beyond those guidelines if we know how or the answer - we certainly would not withhold an answer.

In an effort to help, I visited your site and clearly see the item and that it indeed needs to be addressed because it is not very clear and agreed almost invisible to those with vision impairments - and that is coming from a person who suffered from cataracts to the point that everything became shades of grey before blindness started to set in - which has obviously been surgically repaired but my mission to help get this resolved more important with direct understanding.

The Buy Now button color is coming from the css overide of your theme @import "../proframework/style.css"; otherwise the color would indeed be that grey color we are observing on the cart page and your theme css for some reason is not over riding that page.

Therefore since I cannot get the exact color without a copy of the theme I am going to have to take an educated guess that the primary color is #2177C2 and the secondary color #9CBADB

With this in mind I have attached below custom coded css files that you will want to replace on your installation using FTP over writing the current ones, and let me know how close I got.

In addition, if running a caching plugin be sure to delete the cache so that the page shows its true colors not pun intended.

Please advise as to how it turns out and I am looking forward to hearing form you about it in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.