MarketPress Questions

I have a client that sells/reserves self storage units.

I'm looking at MarketPress to be able to handle their inventory online and allow people to reserve them, but pay their reservation in the actual store (required due to waivers and whatnot that require signatures, etc.).

Is it possible to use MarketPress to fill in their details to reserve a product instead of purchase it online?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @visualnotion

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, this can be done with MarketPress when you enable the "Manual Payments" gateway, and set shipping to "No Shipping" (disables the shipping form so buyers only need to input their email address).

The buyer will confirm purchase and receive an email stating that the purchase is pending payment.

Once a buyer has paid for the product, the site admin simply needs to manually change the status of the order from "Received" to "Paid". The inventory will be adjusted automatically

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Joshua
    • Chief of Keepin' it Fresh Div.

There are cash options at checkout and also options to use marketPress as a catalog. If you used the Manual Payment option and wrote it in the instructions this should work. There is a whole video tutorial on Market Press when you get ready to start the set up. You can find it here.

Good Luck and I hope this is helpful.

• visualnotion
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Okay, I have another question and I realize this may be outside the scope of MarketPress, but I'm coming from a heavy Drupal background and WordPress is still so new to me...

I have ten locations (same city) to consider for products. This is more of a parent site for all locations to receive reservations.

What is the recommended method for grouping products and tying them to a custom post type (store location)?

My apologies if I'm asking dumb questions... I just like to map out a site's functionality to avoid rework later on... especially with a platform I am new to.

I just found this and am watching it now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBeVJOtgc0&list=PLV1BcivFAIduTUJfnzcGUf0B_9UMlNy0v&index=15

• Joshua
    • Chief of Keepin' it Fresh Div.

If I understand your question you are not wanting to create a separate site for each location, you want all of the products to be separated by location on one site. If that is the case I think that product categories is a great solution. Create a categorie for each location and when someone selects that option it will take them to the Location page with every available unit for that specific location.

I would be interested to hear if you come up with a different way of accomplishing this. I love hearing other peoples creative solutions. :slight_smile:

• hpidriver
    • The Crimson Coder

I have ten locations (same city) to consider for products. This is more of a parent site for all locations to receive reservations.

What is the recommended method for grouping products and tying them to a custom post type (store location)?

You have a few directions you could go -
    You could use a multisite installation and create a sub site for each store location and make them identical using New Blog Template. This way each individual location would have their own separate inventory.

Alternatively, you could keep it to one single site and differentiate each location by making each location its own category.

Another method would be to use product variations to differentiate each location.

It mostly depends on how your client plans on handling their inventory. If there is just the main owner who is going to maintain inventory on all locations the last two suggestions are ideal. If each store location is going to manage its own inventory I would use the multisite configuration.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.