Marketpress questions

Hi, I posted the below post yesterday, and one of your guys replied to me with a very detailed response which was fab, but I have tried what he suggested and it hasn't worked, and now I'm not getting any responses on the thread so I've attached the below post again. I'd really really appreciate someone helping me out here... thank you!
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello,
I'm using marketpress on my website and I'm having trouble with some of the design elements and adjusting them.

Firstly, is there a way of displaying an image next to the product with variable items? When I view the products in the categories there is just a list. I don't want to display the image for all categories, but on a couple of category pages I would like to if possible. (sort of like it does here, but with smaller text and images http://butnaturalphotography.com/store/products/)

On the single product page, I'd like to make the heading MUCH smaller if possible, so it's just a bit bigger / bolder than the body text rather than taking up half the page. I'd also like to remove the date the product was posted from above the featured image.

Next, I'd also like to change the link colour on the cart hover, at the moment when I hover over the cart the product is in bright blue - am I able to change that?

When at the checkout, the checkout button is green and the 'empty cart' button is red - I'd like to adjust that to match my theme too.

Thanks very much! Sorry for the long post.
Stacey

(I've removed the issues that we managed to fix, thank you., Stacey)

• Rupok

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for asking. Can you please confirm if you are referring to this thread? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-changing-product-layout

I assume yes. I can see that you have a couple of replies there since my last reply. We try to reply older threads first and every time you put a reply, your thread goes down in the queue and becomes a new one. That's why the delay happened. I still do apologize for the delay.

Now let me answer your questions one by one again.

When I mentioned displaying an image by the product in the category layout I basically meant making it look like they do on this page: http://butnaturalphotography.com/store/products/ but with the title smaller and the image smaller. Is there no way of doing that when filtering by categories? Basically, I want to display all the workshops like this together on one page

Thanks for explaining. However, I'm not exactly sure how this is possible in Upfront themes. If you use any default WordPress theme, then the display style will be same for Products page and specific category pages. However, I'm checking this with our developers and will update you as soon as I get anything from them.

Please keep in mind, our developers work around the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

# I'd like to make the heading MUCH smaller if possible
    # I'd also like to change the link colour on the cart hover, at the moment when I hover over the cart the product is in bright blue - am I able to change that?
    # When at the checkout, the checkout button is green and the 'empty cart' button is red - I'd like to adjust that to match my theme too

# I've added those codes to the global CSS but it doesn't seem to be working

I see. Well, I could tell you better why this is not working if I could log in with Support Access. I can see that you have granted Support Access. I tried to log in but it kept loading and loading. Yesterday I could access your site fine but today your front-end pages are also loading extremely slow. So I'm asking my colleagues to check this and follow up. They will follow up on this as soon as possible and will make necessary changes to make the changes you asked.

Please try to put all your thoughts in one reply. That will make sure your threads stays at the top and we get back to it sooner. I'll request you to wait a bit longer until one of my colleagues follow-ups here.

I really appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Stacey,

Regarding the specific category layout issue, I've not heard anything from our developers yet. I'll update you as soon as I get something from them.

Thanks for updating. I just tried to login with Support Access to fix those CSS issues but it seems like Support Access has expired. Can you please grant us permission once again so we can work on this and try to make these work for you?

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Stacey,

I'd like to remove the date from the top of the product listing, is that possible

Yes, you can hide that date from the product page with the following custom CSS Code:

.single-product .upfront-postpart-date {
      display: none;
    }

You can add this CSS code in the same way you did for previous custom CSS Codes.

all the images on the product listings are blurry, is there a way of resolving this?

Yes, this can be done from "Dashboard > Store Settings > Presentation" section. I've logged in with Support Access and change image sizes on that Presentation options page. I've set "Product Page Image Size" and "Products List/Grid Settings" image size to full size and now images are showing clear. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Can you please check and confirm?

P.S. Images on that site are really beautiful. It takes years of practice and a beautiful mind to capture beautiful images like those. Hats off!

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Stacey,

No doubt she is super talented :slight_smile:

Now, regarding the products category layout issue, it's a confirmed bug and I've reported this to our developer already. Category page should show products in the same style they are shown in the products page. Our developers are aware about it now and they will be working on it. I believe, they will come up with a solution soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.