Marketpress Questions Text Option

Hiya,
Looking at marketpress vs open cart and wanted to know if there is away to add a text box with product for something like a custom card( baby announcement)?

Can multiple quantities be added to a drop down box like for quantities:
125 etc...?
Are there plans to introduce other payment gate ways like authorize.net?

Thanks

• DavidM

Hi Page,

A quantities drop-down would take a bit of editing work on the plugin code. For that, you could take a look at line 1461 of marketpress-includes/template-functions.php. It's not something we can support directly but we'll be happy to point ya in the right direction!

Regarding the gateways authorize.net is already available, not sure if you noticed that one or not. And development's always moving forward as you can see with such recent inclusions as Google Checkout and Moneybookers. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM

Hi Page,

I'm not sure what you mean about the lightboxes, you can technically add as much as you like to any given product using galleries of your own (using any number of free gallery plugins).

If you're referring to the product featured images, that would be limited to a single one, given the way that WordPress itself works.

As for the directions on the coding, I mentioned earlier that you could take a look at line 1461 of marketpress-includes/template-functions.php. That's where the option for th quantities are rendered in the front-end and you can alter that as you'd like.

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM

Hi Page, I've got a moment to go through this, so let me see if I can explain a bit.

On 1461 of marketpress-includes/template-functions.php you can see the php code that MarketPress uses to display the quantities. If you replace that line with something like the following (which I tested) you'll be able to see a functional drop list in place of the quantity text field.
    $button .= '<span class="mp_quantity"><label>' . __('Quantity:', 'mp') . ' <select class="mp_quantity_field" name="quantity"><option selected="selected" value="50">50</option><option value="75">75</option><option value="100">100</option></select></label></span>&nbsp;';

The crux of the change here is the <select> tag being used instead of the prior <input type="text">. You can add and edit the <option> tags as you like with this too. It's basically just html with a bit of php code surrounding it.

This isn't something we'd advise for non-developers or those not familiar with coding to do, but it helps you to see how particular facets of MarketPress work, And it also may help you to see how it's possible to extend its capabilities.

It also does what you initially requested. :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.