MarketPress – Redirect to shopping cart after clicking "add to cart"

Is it now possible to redirect to the shopping cart after a user clicks “add to cart?” I’ve noticed a lot of other users asking for the same feature but there are no sustainable fixes on those threads.

The big issue is that without the floating shopping cart, I didn’t even realize items were being added to the shopping cart. It’d be great to at least dynamically change the button text from “Add To Cart” to “Checkout” so they can find the shopping cart after adding the item.

For CoursePress and MarketPress, the user is almost always going to just buy the one course so it would be super helpful for the client flow.

Thanks for your time!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello CYBERSprout,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

There’s no redirect currently and with no floating cart there’s indeed no indication what’s in the cart. You could however add a “Shopping cart” widget (“Appearance -> Widgets”:wink: to your site and that would keep the basket “in the view”.

I suppose that may be possible with some custom code but I need to consult the developer with that. Let me ask him and please keep an eye on this thread. I’ll let you know here as soon as I get a replay.

Kind regards,

Adam

• createco
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Floating Cart is the easy solution. Other wise you can use widgets, shortcodes or custom css/html (using html from inspecting code of widgets/marketpress features to save time w/calls since same localhost/db coding) in your theme to custom design a element. Best practice is to setup as a custom plugin. You can find plugin templates to add ur code to pretty easy).

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello CYBERSprout!

I must admit that I somehow forgot about an option that's a core part of MarketPress and that would let you set it up the way it would redirect directly to cart page. I'm sorry about that!

You'll find it in "Store Settings -> Presentation" page -> "Product Page Settings" section. If you switch "Add to Cart Action" to "Redirect to cart page for immediate checkout" it will redirect user to checkout immediately after using the button. Would that work for you?

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.