Marketpress registration when checking out

Hi,

I've got Marketpress Pro, and I have everything working as I would like; however, I still have a question. When I went to test the checkout function, there is a box. On the left, it says "Have a User Account?", and has text fields below for entering a username/password. On the right, it has a "Checkout Now" button. My question has to do with the user account section: Is this asking the user for WordPress credentials, or is it some kind of registration to my site?? I am not seeing anything on my site where someone could register as a user, which is why this is throwing me off...

Thanks,
Adam

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey bigmantenor.

You can have people register on your site through the WordPress methods. There are also plugins you can use to which alter the signup process.

Here are the defaults:

domain.com/wp-signup.php

domain.com/wp-register.php

BuddyPress changes that with its own form. You can also create cool custom forms with the Gravity Form plugins:

http://gravityforms.com

Some themes also have login/register pages.

But yeah they sign in with their account on your website.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• freelancelance
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

How do I make that "Have a User Account?" bit/form go away? I have registration on the site disabled, and do not require it for purchases, so that is only going to confuse people. I thought disabling registration on the site would disappear it, but apparently not. Am I missing the option in Marketpress where that can be turned off?

• freelancelance
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Seems like your staff could ping the developer as it is. Is that not the case? Your point system doesn't really pay enough to make me want to re-request something I've already posted.

And can you be more specific than "some code edits"? I'm about to make this cart live, and I'd just as soon start not confusing people today, rather than later.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.