Marketpress settings

If I set it to be a digital product, then it skips the shipping/address information. So basically here's what I need to know. Can I change the setting/code to when it is a digital product, it still gathers the shipping info? and 2) Can I change the title of that page from Shipping Information to Billing Information?

• aecnu

Greetings barrettcb,

Can I change the setting/code to when it is a digital product, it still gathers the shipping info?

I believe this is possible, have you setup the shipping information in the site admin or network admin?

2) Can I change the title of that page from Shipping Information to Billing Information?

Yes you should be able to by simply scanning the code for the phrase and replacing the text.

Please note if you are using PayPal as a payment gateway: you would lose the sale from me because I know and use PayPal to deliberately conceal my details and therefore I would wonder why you want this information to begin with - just a thought.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• barrettcb

The shipping info is set from the site admin on the plug-in settings. However, I cannot find any settings that allow for me to gather billing info before the credit card info is gathered. This is important to me because I sell high-end products and I want to have checks and balances both for the credit card company for me to market direct mail to. So I'd like to gather the billing information for each transaction including those that have digital downloads.

What file would I find that shipping/checkout text in?

Thanks!

• camparoo

Here is where you find the shipping/billing titles and info for MarketPress: plugins > marketpress > marketpress-includes > template-funtions.php.

If you want to see shipping changed to billing in the text, currently check out line 502.
    $content .= '<th colspan="2">'.($mp->download_only_cart($mp->get_cart_contents()) ? __('Enter Your Checkout Information:', 'mp') : __('Enter Your Billing Information:', 'mp')).'</th>';

Obviously, Enter Your Billing Information text can be changed to whatever you want.

MarketPress has a specific area for orders placed and orders shipped in the Dashboard that shows what has been paid for, and what is still awaiting payment. Stop automating download content, and instead wait 'till payment is confirmed before allowing a download. If your stuff is that high-end, then you can express that you require payment confirmation before access.

• aecnu

Greetings barrettcb,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

• jurinnov

I too am interested in resolving the question "Can I change the setting/code to when it is a digital product, it still gathers the shipping info?"

Gathering the email address only is not sufficient for our software licensing requirements. I'd like to also gather name, company, address, etc. for internal record keeping. Unfortunately, with downloads, only an email address is collected.

Is there a way to add additional contact information fields for downloads? If so, how?

Thanks!
    Joe

• aecnu

Greetings barrettcb,

We have not heard from you in quite some time and therefore in the name of good housekeeping I am going to mark this ticket as resolved.

If the suggestions that camparoo offered has not helped you find a way to resolve your issue, please fell free to check mark this ticket below as not resolved and include any errors or hurdles you have encountered when trying to do it yourself.

@jurinnov - camparoo above offers the valid workable choices or more accurately ideas of making this happen and the location of the files for possibly accomplishing this task another way. If you require further assistance please fell free to open a ticket of your own. We will be more then willing to help you work through the issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.