Marketpress- shipping addresses not stored/ Customer accounts

Hi there
This relates to the age old MP question about customer accounts.

At present, as far as I am aware, MP does not store the shipping address of customers for future purchases. I've just checked by creating a new account and I can't see that the address is stored anywhere, even though I am "logged in".

Customers will be expecting my site to remember their shipping details when they return: I get an awful lot of return customers- they are my stock in trade.

Is there a way this can be achieved or is it simply impossible? I can see threads going back a number of years asking about this and related issues.

If not, this is a major limitation and probably costs me a lot of sales.

Thanks
Paul

• Rupok

Hi Paul,

At present, as far as I am aware, MP does not store the shipping address of customers for future purchases

Thanks for asking. MP actually stores the last shipping information. I just tested this in three of my browsers to make sure that the shipping address is not being auto filled-up by the browser cache. When I tried to purchase the product for the very first time, I filled-up by Billing information and then I check-marked the "Shipping address different than billing?" option. My Billing information got copied over the Shipping information section. Then I modified the Shipping Address, and completed the purchases.

Then I opened my store from another browser, logged in with same user account and tried to purchase another product. When I check-marked again "Shipping address different than billing?" this option, my Shipping Info appeared and it auto filled up the last purchase Shipping information.

So MarketPress is storing last Shipping Information actually. Is this not happening on your site? If yes, then I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Paul

Hi Rupal.
    Thanks for your reply

Ok- I've checked this and I can see it works without relying on the browser cache.

This is good. It's a shame that address details and order history are not more easily available in the back end.

Looking at the process of purchasing, I notice that this has changed at some point. MP now sends you to PayPal and then returns you to the store where you are expected to click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

I suspect I might be getting bounces here because the "Submit" button is out of sight when you return. Is there any way to easily reposition it so that it is in frame on return to MP?

Support access is enabled should you want to check anything.

Thanks for your help.
    Paul

• Nithin

Hi Paul,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Looking at the process of purchasing, I notice that this has changed at some point. MP now sends you to PayPal and then returns you to the store where you are expected to click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

I could see what you meant here, I was able to notice the same. It would require editing the file class-mp-cart.php located under, /wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/, to reposition, but making such changes in the file might break how it currently render. Our developer would be able to give a you a better idea, so I'm checking this with the developer to see whether we could have any quick workaround for this.

Will keep you posted once I get a feedback from the developer, have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.