Marketpress- Shopping cart link is blank

Hi,

I am building a site with store capabilities. I have had some issues with the plugin, certian pages not displaying anything. I had this issue with the “products” page, but fixed it by using short codes.

My problem now is once I add a product to the shopping cart, then click “check out” it takes me to a blank page.

http://www.beaconspoint.com/clientdev/AIER/store/shopping-cart/

Any advice?

Alex

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Can you please try saving the presentation page:

Admin –> Products –> Store Settings –> Presentation [tab]

And save.

Just want to make sure your slugs are there and the store page is ok.

If that doesn’t work then please check your servers error logs to see what is output there, it should give us some pointers on this issue.

Let me know.

Take care.

• ameade19
    • Flash Drive

Hi Timothy,

I saved my Presentation settings, all the slugs are there. I should also mention, the “products” page was not showing up either, but I did create a page “products” and entered in the short code. “[mp_list_products]” . So, it was not working either.

I have this plugin working on another site and everything works fine.

Alex

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again Alex.

If that doesn’t work then please check your servers error logs to see what is output there, it should give us some pointers on this issue.

Could you please check those error logs for me, if you are not sure where they are then your host would be the best to ask as they will know the set up best.

The error output should point us to where the issue is.

Thanks.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@ameade19, Hi, I’ll try and assist. I’m not the primary developer of MarketPress but I’ve worked with it some. On to your issue…

In wp-admin under Products > Store Settings then the Presentation tab. Can you provide a screen capture of the ‘Store URL Slugs’ section? Sorry I’m a little confused.

From what I can tell your ‘Store Base’ is something like ‘/clientdev/AIER/store/’ not the default ‘/store/’ Not that this should matter.

The MarketPress plugins does not create a Products, Shopping Cart, Order Status page. The only Page you should see in the wp-admin Pages listing is the base Store. MarketPress uses rewrite rules to virtually create the sub-pages. So that might be our first clue. It could be there is another plugin conflicting with MarketPress. Can you provide a list of other plugins used on your site?

When you save the Presentation page it ‘should’ update permalinks. But just in can I get you to go to Settings > Permalinks in your wp-admin and change your permalinks to something else. Save it. Then change it back to your current setting. This is a long shot. I’m not able to reproduce this on my end. So still digging.

I’ll post back it I find anything else.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@ameade19, So on the Warning you reported in the PHP code. Line 1870 of marketpress.php. This error is really somewhat of a warning from PHP. The exact line of code referenced is below. The last element ‘$_POST’ is blank. Because I’m assuming your product(s) do not currently have sale prices setup. I get the warning also. Regardless, this should not cause issues on the front-end.

update_post_meta($post_id, ‘mp_sale_price’, array_map(create_function(‘$price’, $func_curr), $_POST));

I’m testing under a fresh WordPress 3.4 RC2 install MarketpPress functions as expected.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

One final thought. Something appears to be wrecking the rewrite logic on your site. Not sure at this point. A possible solution could be to setup the shopping cart, order status, etc pages yourself using the shortcodes. Not the best solution but in case you have some other plugin you can’t live without. I’ll still keep digging.

• ameade19
    • Flash Drive

Hi Paul,

sorry it took so long to reply. thank you for your help. Attached is my store slugs.

I changed the permalinks, then changed them back, no change.

Here are the plugins I am using. I am using the same plugins on this site (www.lncofsocal.com) and the store works perfectly there.

Plugins

The Events Calendar (http://tri.be/?ref=tec-plugin)

Jetpack?WPMU dev

What do you think?

Alex

PS, I am available all day tomorrow to respond and try solutions

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Alex,

Not sure at tis point. My first thought it to try either disabling other plugins and/or switching briefly to the default TwentyEleven theme to see if this reveals any issues.

I have a chat session in a few minutes. But will get back to you on more thoughts afterwards.

P-

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Alex,

Looking at this some last night and more this morning. I’ve tried a few things but still cannot tell what/where the conflict is. Still digging. Wanted to give you an update. I can add some debug output and see the product list for example is being queried. But cannot tell why the theme is removing part of the product layout. Will keep working on this.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Ok, I just figure this out! Woot! I was looking or should say assuming this was a conflict with the rewrite rules. Something the theme was doing. But after realizing this was a deadened I started tracing through the page template page.php

So within MarketPress it sets up filters to add/change the information for Title, page content, etc. The filter used to build the page body is for ‘the_content’. But your theme does not call the_content(); like other themes. Instead it call get_the_content(); which does not have filtering. So we need to add the filtering logic to the theme ourselves.

So do this open the theme page.php file. About line 65 you will see the line

$content = get_the_content();

Just after this line add these three lines

// WPMUDEV Added
    $content = apply_filters('the_content', $content);
    $content = str_replace(']]>', ']]>', $content);

Then one more spot. Around line 92 (after you paste the above) you will see the lines

if( !empty($content) && $gdl_show_content != 'No' ){
    echo '<div class="gdl-page-content">';
    the_content();
    echo '</div>';
    }

I need you to comment out the line ‘the_content();’ Just add 2 forward slashes to the beginning of the line. Below the line add this line:

echo $content; // WPMUDEV Added

Save the file then check your product pages.

Just in case I’ve also added this file to my dropbox so you can just pull the new version https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2616987/WPMUDev/theme-page.php Note the file is named theme-page.php. But on your system just rename it to page.php

Let me know if this works.

• jolanda_jansen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

If u use child themes one can also download the file from dropbox and put it in the child theme folder )))))))

Or copy the current page.php there and edit it, its more safe

edit:

U can not ))) i thought all page.php are the same, but doing it broke my template so i will try it mannualy

however using a child theme for it still seems smart

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn’t confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

Posting on old threads can also lead to us missing your questions.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn’t inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don’t miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.