Marketpress shopping cart page text

In the "Messages" tab of Marketpress's settings, there is a place for text that is supposed to appear on the Shopping Cart page. But that text doesn't appear on the shopping cart page when the shopping cart is empty; instead it just says "There are no items in your cart."

--Why doesn't the shopping cart text show in the shopping cart when it's empty, and when will Marketpress be fixed so that it does?

--How can I edit/format that "There are no items in your cart." text?

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings freelancelance,

Thank you for these great questions and bringing these significant issues to our attention.

Why doesn't the shopping cart text show in the shopping cart when it's empty, and when will Marketpress be fixed so that it does?

I have tested this on my test production server and it does not appear there even when there is something in the cart, but it does appear on the checkout page.

Therefore it is my opinion that this should be renamed from Shopping Cart Page to the more accurate Checkout page which would then be most accurate and there is no issue.

However, this is not for me to decide but for the lead developer of Market Press to determine the appropriate action to take regarding this confirmed bug but more accurately typo in my opinion or miss titled/labeled.

How can I edit/format that "There are no items in your cart." text?

The least invasive way to do this would be in my opinion to use the Ultimate Branding plugin and using the included Network Wide Text Change module to change the text without having to modify the core files of Market Press.

Or modify the core files marketpress.php at around line 2421 and template-functions.php around line 803

One of those will certainly do the job.

Now to notify the lead developer about the "typo" ~or~ "miss-labeling" as indicated above.

Cheers, Joe

• freelancelance
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Therefore it is my opinion that this should be renamed from Shopping Cart Page to the more accurate Checkout page which would then be most accurate and there is no issue.

Except that would involve disregarding what I reported, which is that the Shopping Cart Page text does show up on the Shopping Cart page, if there are products in the cart. Besides which, if it only showed up on the checkout page as you claim, then simply relabeling it in the backend wouldn't mean "there is no issue", because then there would be no Shopping Cart Page text blank. (P.S. Joe, I am getting pretty tired of you wrongly "correcting" me. Cheers.)

Aaron,

When will that fix be released? My client wants to be able to format that "There are no items in your cart." text, which he feels is too softspoken, format-wise. Should I hack your plugin, or will the fix be available in the near future?

Thanks.

BTW, I don't know who marked this as resolved, but in what way is this resolved? Part of my post was: "when will Marketpress be fixed so that it does?", which hasn't been answered yet.

• freelancelance

A. This ticket is not resolved, please stop falsely marking it resolved. I'm still waiting to find out when the issue will be fixed, as I stated very clearly last night when I had to un-mark it resolved the first time. (And of course you are still trying to undermine the substance of my original report by saying it's not true, which should be settled in C below.)

B. I wasn't aware I had to provide "evidence"; I foolishly thought that you guys would take my word for it that I wasn't lying about what was happening.

C. I need to preserve my client's confidentiality, so I had to do a very narrow screenshot of the page, but attached is evidence that indeed the Shopping Cart Page text DOES show up on the shopping cart page (as long as there is something in the cart).

D. Please don't ever respond to me again in these forums Joe. I refuse to have to fight over whether what I am saying is the truth when I am trying to help you guys troubleshoot bugs. If I wanted to be called a liar, I'd go hang out with an asshole who calls people liars for no good reason. But I don't.

Can someone else take over for Joe please? He's obsessed with dismissing my claims, prematurely marking threads resolved, and basically calling me a liar any chance he gets. I don't think I should have to deal with that. I'm trying to get support, not a wrestling match.

• freelancelance

A question, @Aaron: what is the best way to update the existing installation with that beta, without losing my settings or products, etc.? Should I unzip it and overwrite the existing files, or clear out all the old files and FTP these up, or delete the old one and upload the zip via the plugin installer...?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.