Marketpress Shopping Cart Question

Hello,

In Marketpress, does the Shopping Cart empty itself out once the user leaves the page?? For example, if a user adds an item to their cart, will that item be removed from their cart if they do not purchase it and leave the site?? I only ask because the site that I am using this for features all custom products; therefore, I am setting the inventory level on each product to 1, because each product is individual. Once someone adds the product to their cart, it gets removed from inventory. I just want to make sure that it is put back when they exit the site without actually buying it.

Thanks,
Adam

• aecnu

Greetings bigmantenor,

In Marketpress, does the Shopping Cart empty itself out once the user leaves the page??
    For example, if a user adds an item to their cart, will that item be removed from their cart if they do not purchase it and leave the site??

Thank you for this great question. No it does not empty the cart and return it to inventory if they leave the site. In a brief test I did just now that is the exact effect.

The shopping cart is using cookies to handle the cart functions, and therefore it is my opinion unless the cookies are deleted or expire the item remains in the cart.

However, it is interesting to note that after checking with multiple browsers I was able to add the item, set with inventory at one, to my cart - leading me to believe that inventory is not actually affected until the purchase has been completed.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.