Marketpress shortcode not conforming to CSS style when inserted into page

In my installation of Marketpress with the WooCanvas theme (current version), I'm having issues with Marketpress shortcodes. When products are displayed they are picking up what appears to be a default font-family, rather than the ones designated in the store CSS (Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, 'sans-serif') or those with the WooThemes - Google Fonts (Open Sans).

Standard store pages (Posts?) pick up the theme fine (example of a working page: http://www.urbancomposter.co/qualityproducts/store/products/category/planters-and-accessories/)

But when I create a page manually, and display products using a shortcode... the font is not the same. (example of where it is not working as expected: http://www.urbancomposter.co/qualityproducts/burgon-ball/) note the font is now courier (or a derivative).

So my question is - is this normal, or is there somewhere I can modify the code so that I can align the type faces, or remove the control over the shortcode display style?

Any pointers you can give me would be perfect.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Sorry but when I checked your site to see what you mean I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/jameswilliams90/urbancomposter.co/wp-content/themes/canvas/content-404.php on line 35

Perhaps you could please include some screenshots for us and highlight in them what your referring to.

Take care.

• jameswilliams90
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Timothy,

What you found is my coding error... please ignore that.

Thanks for such a quick response... after I put this question in I went back to look at the code. tags had slipped in via HTML view, so that was the problem. It's all working now.

So I thought I'd come back and put it back in here, just in case anyone else has the same issue. I suspect the code tags get introduced if you put the shortcode in via HTML? So it just needs to be removed, otherwise it styles as courier - which is intended by HTML.

Thanks for such a quick response again.

Cheers,
    James

PS. Love Marketpress

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.