Marketpress shortcodes, sales pages and buttons

Hi Guys,

On my website I am starting to set up a sales funnel.

My setup is:
- Use Thrive Page Builder for landing pages
- Use MarketPress for shopping cart functionality.

What I am having trouble working out is the following:
1. Is there a way to have a link that goes straight to the checkout page with a specific product selected. e.g. I have a landing page with a buy now button (using Thrive), which redirects when clicked to the MarketPress checkout page with the product already set.
2. Once a sale occurs for the specific product, can I have the user redirected to a thank you page specific to that product. e.g. I purchase a black book, then I complete the checkout, then I am redirected to an upsell page to buy a red book.
3. I noticed the shortcodes have been created with designs, is there a way to change the designs of the shortcodes? e.g. Add to Cart button is styled with a blue button.

May have some more questions as I test capability. But I'd appreciate help on how to to do this as it is important for a sales marketing funnel and how I need to setup my site.

Thanks!!!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Michael,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

1. Is there a way to have a link that goes straight to the checkout page with a specific product selected. e.g. I have a landing page with a buy now button (using Thrive), which redirects when clicked to the MarketPress checkout page with the product already set.

You can do so if you go to Store settings -> Presentation -> Product page settings -> Add to Cart Action and set it to "Redirect to cart page for immediate checkout".

This will affect all "add-to-cart" buttons though, as there isn't a way to change this action per-button or per-product. This would require some custom development so you may need to advise our Jobs & Pros for that (please keep in mind that there aren't any WPMUDEV staff members included there).

2. Once a sale occurs for the specific product, can I have the user redirected to a thank you page specific to that product. e.g. I purchase a black book, then I complete the checkout, then I am redirected to an upsell page to buy a red book.

I'm afraid that this is again in the scope of custom development as there isn't any implementation like that already in MarketPress plugin.

3. I noticed the shortcodes have been created with designs, is there a way to change the designs of the shortcodes? e.g. Add to Cart button is styled with a blue button.

Most shortcodes are producing HTML markup with some default styles and some more which are being inherited from active theme. You can always use some CSS to further style any aspects of MP elements like buttons etc.
    Specifically for add-to-cart buttons, you can use something like

.mp_button-addcart {
        background: #eeeeee;
        border: 2px solid #333;
        color: #333;
        font-size: 16px;
        font-weight: 700;
        line-height: 1.5em;
    }

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.