MarketPress & simple PayPal Standard

Hi,
I'm trying to set up MarketPress to simply integrate with regular PayPal Standard for my users without needing a PayPal API, etc.

The idea is that each site on my network can sell products with ease of setup. I need the setup to be stupid-easy (no API, etc). I want it literally to be that the site owner plugs their PayPal email address into the MarketPress Payment Gateway admin section and then they're good to go.

I've seen other threads on here about this, but no recent ones. I imagine it HAS to be a commonly requested feature because all other WordPress eCommerce plugins I've seen do this.

Please advise on how I can set this up.. even if it means custom coding a new gateway (any code examples would be greatly appreciated!)

I'm trying to get this functionality out on my sites this week.. so the sooner the better!

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings russcannizzaro,

Thank you for bringing your idea to our attention.

The only way they will have the opportunity to use the PayPal gateway in this manner without an API etc. is for you to use chained payments.

Then you will need to put in your API etc. keys but they will only have to put in their email address as you have suggested you want.

You will need to get PayPal x.com approval by going through their application process.

That should get the job done for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• russcannizzaro

You guys are killing me with this!

Thanks for the info on doing chained payments, I may try that (the PayPal x.com process looks like a nightmare)... but I can't believe MarketPress just won't support regular PayPal (without API, etc).

I've found that you guys are really funny like that... the plugins are amazing, but they regularly don't support something that I would think is really obvious.

I gotta see what I'm gonna do. I've been experimenting with other plugins, but MarketPress meets all my needs EXCEPT the PayPal gateway one (which is a biggie). If you have any other ideas, please chime in.

• russcannizzaro

Can you guys recommend some devs who might want to code a PayPal Standard gateway for MarketPress?

I posted a note about it on the job posting board, but haven't heard back. I also reached out to Tweaky (as I saw them suggested on other threads), but the project manager I've had contact with doesn't seem to be familiar with MarketPress gateways.

We are also pursuing the PayPal Chained Payments method you mentioned before, but I'd rather keep the stores of all my network sites separate when it comes to PayPal & I don't want MarketPress to be used on the main site of the network (there WooCommerce better meets my needs, but it also uses a "product" custom post type, so I can't run both at the same time).

Please let me know if there are any devs you guys recommend or any further advice on getting this PayPal Standard gateway created.Thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings russcannizzaro,

Thank you for the additional input and hopefully someone will respond soon on the jobs board.

I personally do not understand why the API is such an issue for your members and the comment about the x.com application being a pain - agreed - but anything worth doing ....

However, I do not know why it was coded this way in which I am sure the lead developer had his reasons - nor am I a coder and do not know what more I can do for you within the scope of the support that we provide here though I indeed want to help find a solution if I can.

I would flag the lead developer to this ticket as well but his position is also clear as was my direct inline Bosses position as linked to above.

So on the integration we are trying to address - it is on us (you and I) and unless a member coder comes along and adds the custom coding needed to add this gateway - we are stuck right at this point.

However, if we have any issues with the current features of our products and bug fixing - bring it on.

I do not know what more I can do to help here.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.