MarketPress single item shortcode question

Hi Gurus,

I used
[mp_product product_id="12175" title="1" content="excerpt"]
to output a single product. However, it dumps a bunch of stuff I don't want on Page "page-id-11847". I would like to remove the following if possible
Quantity
Categories
Tags
As well as a list dot beside each Product image.(See attached image)

• Milan

Hello emilio_gagliardi ,

Hope you are well today. :slight_smile:

I was not sure you wanted to disable meta for page only. I thought your concern was global. :slight_smile: Anyway I would like to thank you so much that while finding page specific solution, I came across some minor bugs with shortcodes, ( like not hiding meta and sometime not displaying product title if we try to hide meta with meta="0" argument of shortcode. ). To resolve those I've flagged our developer. Hopefully he will take a look at this soon. :slight_smile:

Meantime you can use this nice CSS snippet to hide those meta for products listed specific on page which id is 11847

body.page-id-11847 ul.mp_product_gallery,
    body.page-id-11847 ul.mp_product_tab_labels{
    	list-style: none !important;
    }

body.page-id-11847 div.mp_product_options_atts,
    body.page-id-11847 div.mp_product_tags,
    body.page-id-11847 div.mp_product_categories{
    	display: none;
    }

You may want to leverage this nice plugin to mange CSS snippets like above ones. :slight_smile:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• emilio_gagliardi

Hi Milan,

Thanks so much for your help!
    Quick follow-up.
    If you view: http://dev.ecoevolver.com/indoor-food-systems/

There is a lot of space between the "Add to Cart" button and the "Description" tab. Is that space coming from the shortcode or the product content? The first two single products have a lot of gap, but the last two single products have no gap and look great.

Whats going on here?
    Thanks!

• emilio_gagliardi

Oops, I just found a small problem.
    http://dev.ecoevolver.com/indoor-food-systems/

When the shortcode creates the link for the "Related Products" tab, it writes "#mp-related-products" which means you can only use that shortcode once on a page.

In my case I wanted to display four products so I called the single product shortcode 4 times on the same page. When you click the "Related Products" tab on any of the other instances, the page loads the "Related Products" for the first one...

is there an easy way to make the shortcode aware of how many instances have been called for a particular page?
    Or am I doing something wrong?

thanks kindly

• emilio_gagliardi

Found one more glitch.
    The "Bars" content module thats loaded after the marketpress shortcode appears to have clickable links overtop of it, that are hidden or their opacity is set to zero. not sure.

When you mouseover the bars, the related product links update the browser status (with the link to that related product) and display the tooltip for the associated link.

Is this something I mention to wpmu gurus or to Elegantthemes?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello emilio_gagliardi!

There is a lot of space between the "Add to Cart" button and the "Description" tab. Is that space coming from the shortcode or the product content?

There's a "placeholder" for a gallery which is not there. You can use this CSS to hide it:

ul.lSPager.lSGallery{display:none!important;}

The "tabs" will jump higher for the first product because an image is not as tall as an image for the second product but the gap would be removed.

When the shortcode creates the link for the "Related Products" tab, it writes "#mp-related-products" which means you can only use that shortcode once on a page.

I think the shortcode wasn't initially designed to be used multiple times on a same page but rather to give you a way to include any single product in some content. Let me then ask developer if this could be "fixed". Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll let you know once I get my response.

When you mouseover the bars, the related product links update the browser status (with the link to that related product) and display the tooltip for the associated link.

I think I'd start with asking theme developers about it as it's the part of their product and doesn't seem to be strictly related to MarketPress. However, let me know please about their answer.

Best regards,
    Adam

• emilio_gagliardi

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for your comments. I think your css code worked...it seemed to improve the gap for one product but not another...

In regards to the final question, the reason I asked here is because the anomalous behaviour comes from hidden elements created by the marketpress shortcode.
    how exactly are the related products stored on the page while their tab is hidden? from my perspective, it appears that the related products are 'hidden' (ie still allocated the screen space as if they were visible) but remain functional with a z-index greater than the object below them.

Does that make sense? Is it possible to adjust the z-index of the related objects so its for sure below any other object when hidden but highest when visible?

thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Emilio!

After I asked MarketPress devs about the "related products" issue I was told to report this as a bug so I did it. Meanwhile one of the dev guys is looking into it hoping to be able to provide you with a "quick workaround". I'm not able to give you an ETA on this but please keep track of this thread and I'll let you know once I got any information from him.

As for these "bars". I re-checked the site and I can see now what you're referring to. It seems that it can also be fixed with some CSS. Take a look please at first product ("Learn to grow kit") - I think it's now working fine and the bars are no more overlapped with links.

If this is fine, you will be able to "fix" remaining products on a page this way:

1. Edit "Indoor food systems" page
    2. Edit "Text Module Settings" for the product (not for "rating" bars)
    3. Switch to "Custom CSS" tab
    4. Paste following code inside the "Main element" text box:

display:block;height:auto;overflow:hidden;

5. Repeat steps 2-4 for all products on the page.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.