MarketPress - Size limit on digital downloads

I am experiencing an issue with two digital downloads we have for purchase.

- They are zip Files
- One is 170MB in size the other 212MB

All other products download fine (they are 156MB and less). I even deleted the product and created a new one thinking the database might be corrupted.

When clicking on the order download link, it goes to a screen saying "Webpage not found" then after a couple of seconds, switches to another page saying download limit of 2 has been reached.

I've input the direct links and the downloads work just fine, so it's not a server issue.

Was wondering if MarketPress has a size limit to digital downloads?

Thanks in advance.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Dianne, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

While MarketPress doesn't have a size limit of it's own, it sounds like we might be running into limitations for your PHP configuration.

One thing you may wish to try would be to add this define to your wp-config.php, just above the "That's all, stop editing!" line:

define('MP_LARGE_DOWNLOADS', true);

Please note, that while it will work for any size file, the downside is that it uses a redirect, so the original file URL is visible to the user downloading the file.

Otherwise, I'd suggest trying to extend the execution time for PHP (though your host may have limits on this).

In your .htaccess, you could try inserting this:

php_value max_execution_time 360

Or, if you were to create a php.ini in the root of your site, you could try inserting this:

max_execution_time = 360

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,