Marketpress song previews for products

Does marketpress support 30 second music clip previews? Or do I need to manually upload 30 second previews of songs and insert them for each music download?

• aecnu

Greetings pixelriver,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Does marketpress support 30 second music clip previews?

No it does not at this time though it would make a good feature request.

Or do I need to manually upload 30 second previews of songs and insert them for each music download?

For this I do not know and I need a bit more information to give a good answer.

Are the 30 second downloads available to you directly through another URL?

If so there may be some hope yet that you will not need to download and re-upload them all.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• pixelriver

Alright thanks. The music previews would be in an embedded player, not in a download link.

For the previews -- it would be a very good feature. If Marketpress was smart enough to discriminate the types of digital products to have different fields for each, that would be great.

For instance, digital product type: ...

If a song, show a field for, "30 second song preview" (optional). MP3 format. This preview will be shown with your song automatically in a music player.

The music previews might be better served to be in a special Marketpress music preview media folder, instead of the global media library, as that would cause the media library to become busier.

Either way -- thanks! Solved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.