MarketPress Store Setup

Create new user account with blog/site.

Go to admin and then store configuration to setup store.

Go to select currency and get:
Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress.php on line 3042

Try a second time as has not selected and get:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress.php on line 330

From this time nothing works for this subdomain - admin or frontend - just gives above fatal error message.

Site under dev at http://regionalgourmet.com.au - just trying to get things setup now and don't seem to be getting far.

Site is running wpmu, buddypress and bbPress - installed by wp.mu (2 days ago) - using Studio theme.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Andrew and crew, MarketPress is not included on the plugin page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu/

At least I don;t see it.

Not sure if this is going to solve it (I kind of doubt it) but just to make sure, the instructions say to install the marketplace directory under plugins:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/installation/

Looks like you uploaded the contents of the marketplace directory.

I just downloaded a fresh copy of the marketplace plugin and I don;t have an array_merge that I can see anywhere near line 3042. Can you please check and give the specific versions of wp/wpmu and marketplace please. I;m looking at version 1.1 of the plugin.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

@drmike addeed to wpmu list. Thanks.

@Max as drmike said. It looks like you've put the plugin files directly into the plugin folder. You seem to be missing the 'marketpress' folder which should contain all files for MarketPress in the plugin directory.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need some further instruction!

Thanks.

• Max
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@drmike Thanks for thefast reply.

You are right - marketpress is not setup as default with wp.mu.
    The marketpress version included in the repository premium plugins is an old version also, so had to update via the marketpress downloads area. (PS: the default wp.mu files need to be updated, as they don't include the latest themes either).

wp: 3.0.1
    marketpress: 1.1

I completely deleted the marketpress directory and then loaded back in - now seems to work, so obviously I did something wrong the first time (or should have deleted the original install before uploading the new files).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - going back over it all, removing and re-installing seemed to do the trick.

• Max

@masonjames Yup - you were right - typical user error :wink:

As for further instruction . . .yes . . .probably lots. . . but, do you know if:

Is there a shortcode or similar for a marketpress vendor signup form?

• Max

@Aaron - that is what I meant, thanks for the reply.

I see that the normal sign up form for multisite is used.

I was wondering if this could be seperated slightly (see ** below also):
    - new users (customers and guests) sign up here to buy and/or during checkout creating a new account, with their customer related info.
    - new *vendors* sign up here . . . . and it has their sign up form, with their vendor related info.

The only people I want setting up new sites/blogs are people who are going to be a vendor.

Sorry if it seems odd to run things this way, howver my (web) background is in running e-commerce stores and only running WP as the blog part of a site.

Generally, on an e-commerce site, the customer & vendor parts are kept VERY seperate, with seperate sign up forms and information - plus customers are only front-end users, while vendors have a restricted admin privileges.

** I do have the membership plugin installed - free membership level is intended for customers and a vendor membership level is for vendors and will give (restricted) admin access to the aresa I wish the vendors to access. I am hoping this should work well to acheive this functionality, as this can not be acheived with the supporter polugin (already installed, then removed).

This being the case, is there a way I can use the membership sign up form for vendors to include the necessary code for them to setup a store?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.