MarketPress & Stripe - Stuck after submitting payment

We've just launched this website: https://recessdumbo.com/playspace/products/

We have Membership Pro running for the membership, Event Espresso for the Events, and MarketPress is supposed to handle the Drop-In Pass & Play Packs

However, MarketPress is getting stuck after submitting the credit card information. I have MarketPress set to use Stripe. The payment goes through but the page doesn't load a confirmation page or redirect anywhere... just has the 'loading' page.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Michael, Michael here! :slight_smile:

After testing this on your site with a test product of my own, I do see what you mean here, this is something I'll need to report to our developers, as I can reproduce this on my own test site as well.

Simply put, there's a few errors coming up in the response data that would ordinarily just contain the redirect parameter, and as such, the redirect's unable to do it's job. As you accurately noted, the payment does get made, and the product is purchased, only the redirect is being affected here.

I've hidden the test product, so it won't be visible to your site's visitors, in case you were concerned about that. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• ElyseBH
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ahh, I'd like an update on this too please - I was trying to get MarketPress & Stripe with CoursePress working, and it wasn't going anywhere after the order is submitted (which is problematic as it means no enrolment onto the course), so I set up a test product (just through MP), and it's doing the same thing. If, after we have a response from developer on this, I still need help, I'll open my own thread, but for the moment - same problem!

Thanks
    Elyse

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

@Michael

If you have not already done so, try updating to the latest version of the WPMU Dev Dashboard plugin. We had a very similar issue with our Marketpress submit button doing nothing like you describe after being redirected from paypal.com.

After updating the Dashboard plugin, checkout is working properly...

From the Dashboard Changelog:

Fix an incorrectly initialized dashboard setting, that could cause troubles with other WPMUDEV plugins

• Michael
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the recommendation @jcnjr but it didn't work. I'm using the Stripe payment processor, not Paypal.

I did change out the live Stripe API keys for the test Stripe API keys and try purchasing the test product using one of the dummy credit card numbers provided in the Stripe documentation.

The website / payment process is still getting stuck on the "spinning gear" after submitting payment.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Michael, Michael here! :slight_smile:

One of our developers cooked up a patch that should get you going (it was working over on my test site), you'll want to replace this file:

/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-order.php

With the file inside the attached .zip file. :slight_smile:

Could you give that a shot, and let us know if that helps, please?

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Verdict - It worked but there is a glitch. The payment now goes through, however there is the following issue:

I don't know if it's just a setting in the MarketPress plugin, but when I tested while logged in, the total for the product equaled $0.00 (should have been $5.44). [see attached screenshot]

When I tested it in an incognito window as a guest, it worked correctly.

When I tested it as a "member" (not an admin, a subscriber level), the tax was left off. $5.00 should have been $5.44. [see attached screenshot]

I have granted support access to the website so you can take a look at it if possible.

(The Stripe test keys are in the plugin, so the test cards found here should work: https://stripe.com/docs/testing)

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Michael,

While I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with no total being returned while logged in as a admin, we are aware of the tax issue, and are working to remedy that one as well. :slight_smile:

Though I should note, that with this:

When I tested it in an incognito window as a guest, it worked correctly.

The end total would still be the product price, without the tax applied (which is part of what we're working on).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the update!

We know that you guys are working hard on not just this patch but improvements for all of the fantastic plugins y'all develop. We are very grateful for all the work that y'all do.

We understand that coding is not a quick process and takes time. If you're able to let us know of a potential timeline for the next version of the patch, that would help us keep our client appeased.

Thanks!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @mike62,

You're welcome, thanks in return for that feedback & understanding, it's definitely welcome. :slight_smile:

I'd be glad to give out an ETA for this, but this is something we're just going to have to let our developers work their magic on (due to policy, we staff are not to give out ETAs). I've given our developers another poke about this, to see where we're at on this, but if there's a hotfix in the meantime (or even better, a new release), we'll let you know about it here.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Luis,

It did not solve the issue, but it made progress.

Originally, the page would not redirect after payment. That seems to have been fixed by the Patch and/or subsequent updates to the plugin.

After installing the patch on Feb 9 2016 (which fixed the initial issue), a new issue emerged - tax was not being included in the amount charged and logged-in users had a total of $0.00 (free). That has almost been fixed.

Logged-in users and guest users now have the same issue - the item being purchased is shown in the cart as having price+tax ($5.44) but the product total is shown without tax ($5.00). I tested the payment process using a Stripe test card; the product total remained $5.00, and the redirect did work (the orginal issue). I've attached a screenshot showing the issue.

To summarize the issue - Tax is not being included in the product total.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Michael ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I tested your website and the tax was not applied testing with the admin account. However:

1) I tested as a guest and the total price (tax+ price) was added in the cart and in the checkout page.

2) I created a new user and got the same behaviour described above;

Also, you can check the last order made by the user "wpmu", where the tax was applied.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.