MarketPress stuck on Address

Hey, testing out the integration for MarketPress and CoursePress Pro, and having trouble during check-out.

For some reason, I get stuck on the "Billing/Shipping Address" section, and am unable to go to the next step "Review Order/Payment". Nothing happens

Part of the problem is that I don't know what it should like... I don't know if when you click next it's supposed to then allow Review/Payment information, or if that stuff should already be shown?

It could be a setting in my payment gateways (I've tried Free, Manual, and Authorize.net (with real credentials), both Sandbox and Live mode. No change.

The other issue I'm having is that the 'price' of the course shows up in a different font on the Course details page. Is it possible to change this through CSS?

When I was looking at source code, I see this:

<div class=&quot;mp_product_price&quot; itemtype=&quot;http://schema.org/Offer&quot; itemscope=&quot;&quot; itemprop=&quot;offers&quot;><span class=&quot;mp_product_price-normal&quot; itemprop=&quot;price&quot;>$25.00<span class=&quot;exclusive_tax&quot;> (tax incl.)</span></span></div>

But I'm not 100% sure which class to overwrite or how exactly to do it in CSS.

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Daniel,

I hope you're well today!

Would you mind granting me a support access to your site? Here's a guide on how to do this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I would then access your site, test the MarketPress issue and investigate why that doesn't work. I'd also give you a CSS to change fonts.

Looking forward to your replay,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there Daniel,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

I just went ahead and inspected your website and it seems that there's no validation taking place in checkout page, even though there's no error in dev tools. :thinking:

Could you please proceed with a theme/plugin conflict test as described in a nice flow chart here?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/
    Just keep in place MarketPress and CoursePress and test your current theme and the remaining plugins, just in case this is due to some conflict.

About the price text, I can see that it uses the same font family
    font-family: Lato, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;
    If you want to further style it you can use the following selector, like

.mp_product_price {
    // your CSS code
    }

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Daniel

Hi Dimitris,

I've pin-pointed the error. It wasn't a theme conflict, but rather a modification conflict. I've been trying to have it so that the Coursepress Pro buttons appear the same, to match with the theme.

I was working on it in a separate support thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/footer-and-class-customization-for-coursepress-pro#post-1168075

I couldn't get the code working with all the Course Press Pro buttons (hard to identify the class and pull it into the CSS), so I just made it a catch all for ALL buttons. Obviously not good to do as it broke the Membership Pro 2 Registration Page button, which I only fixed by using a Child Theme Function.php file. But I realized that this code change could be breaking ALL form submissions. And as soon as I removed the code from functions.php, the Shopping Cart worked fine.

Anyhow - I went back to the original code, and figured out how to specify it only to specific classes. As I find buttons I need to change, I'll just tough it up and add more queries.

So this part is working.

Getting back to the pricing text, your code did help me modify the size. However, I have two remaining issues that I can't seem to figure out.

1) The price text is bolded. I tried adding

font-weight:normal; !important;

But for some reason it doesn't over-write the shortcode default of bold "

[course_cost]
    Shows the pricing for the course or free for unpaid courses.
    Required Attributes:
    course_id – If outside of the WordPress loop.
    Optional Attributes:
    label – Label to display for the output. Set label to "" to hide the label completely.
    label_tag – HTML tag (without brackets) to use for the individual labels. Default: strong
    label_delimeter – Symbol to use after the label. Default is colon (:slight_smile:
    no_cost_text – Text to display for unpaid courses. Default: FREE
    class – Additional CSS classes for styling. Default: empty
    Examples:
    [course_cost]
    [course_cost no_cost_text="Free as in beer."]

I tried to add it as class into the short code, but couldn't figure out how to add this attribute.

[course_cost class="font-weight:normal; !important;"] ??

The other remaining issue is that it's on another line. Is there anyway to convert it from a div class to a span class?

The others look like this:

Price: Free

But the course that costs money looks like:

Price:
    $25

I'd love it to look like:

Price:$25

Thanks!

• Dimitris

Hey there Daniel,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I'm glad that you made your forms work again. As for the price styling issues, please try the following CSS rules

.mp_product_price {
      display: inline;
    }
    .mp_product_price-normal,
    .mp_product_price-sale,
    .mp_product_price-extended {
      font-weight: 400;
    }

You can add this either in your theme settings, if it provides a custom CSS code section or via a plugin like this.

I look forward for your results on this!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris