Marketpress Suggestion: Granularity around UK/Ireland market

My client is using Marketpress to market in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) and Ireland (Republic of).

She would like the ability to split the markets using "Choose Target Countries" so that Northern Ireland, and Ireland (South) can be marketed together as one territory... and mainland UK (England, Wales, Scotland) as another territory.

Currently this cannot be done. Better granularity around the UK/Ireland within the "Choose Target Countries" option would be great!

• Timothy Bowers

So you are wanting to offer specific products to specific countries?

Wouldn't a multisite work for that? and then do some geo ip redirect or something?

Are are you still wanting the same products and stock? If so what would be the purpose of the difference?

If you only wanted a single site then what about using Tags as a way to categorise the products on offer? Or some filtering in your theme?

If you could take this a step further, how exactly do you envisage this happening, how should it function and exist?

I'm just trying to fully understand. :slight_smile:

Anyway, where in the UK are you? I'm over in Yorkshire :slight_smile:

Take care.

• jameswilliams90

Hi Timothy - thanks for the reply and sorry for my late reply.

The situation is Northern Ireland and Ireland.

The UK distributor wants to be able to sell to mainland - England, Wales Scotland, while the Ireland distributor wants to be able to sell to Ireland and Northern Ireland.

The challenge is with the current settings - the UK distributor can sell to Northern Ireland... and it would be ideal to be able to configure as per above.

I hope this makes sense.

Best regards,
    James

PS. I'm based in Australia :slight_smile:

• jameswilliams90

Hi Timothy - thanks for the reply and sorry for my late reply.

The situation is Northern Ireland and Ireland.

The UK distributor wants to be able to sell to mainland - England, Wales Scotland, while the Ireland distributor wants to be able to sell to Ireland and Northern Ireland.

The challenge is with the current settings - the UK distributor can sell to Northern Ireland... and it would be ideal to be able to configure as per above.

How I'd envisage it happening is greater granularity in the country setting. So perhaps UK drops down into its separate parts so you can select just Northern Ireland from the UK, and then Republic of Ireland.

I hope this makes sense.

Best regards,
    James

PS. I'm based in Australia :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers

Well if one site will be UK and one Ireland then perhaps some GEO IP type solution could be used here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/source-redirect-site/

With the power of GEO IP Country redirection you can set different URL addresses (for language sites for different countries for example) – add to this the power of redirecting various local states or regions (political campaign sites, US School sites for example). Options are unlimited!

Perhaps this as well:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/geoposty/

I've not tested them, so you'd need to look into this further.

Hopefully that would help.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.