Marketpress template files

I am creating a site using a mix of marketpress and appointments+ and the problem is that it seems that marketpress doesn't come with any custom template files for products, because my first appointment product is using a regular post template.

If I want to use appointments + and also offer other kinds of products, they will share the template and will be good enough for one, weird for the other one.

I mean you know that the way appointments+ works is not with a regular add to cart button and that's why the integration with marketpress was a solution when looking for more than "book a single appointment"

I guess I could have a template per product category? What about guidance about making a template for marketpress that will make the appointment as product work?

It'd be good if marketpress came with some basic template files.

• James Morris

Hello Pat

I hope you are well today.

Inside MarketPress, if you go to WP Admin -> Store Settings -> Presentation, at the top of the page, you will see some inline documentation with a link to a text file outlining how to create custom templates for MarketPress. We've also put together a good primer on this subject on our Blog @ https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/the-easy-guide-to-theming-marketpress/

These 2 resources should get you going in the right direction with custom designing your MarketPress layout just the way you want! :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Pat

Thanks for the response. These are the 2 resources I got from the support person as well.

Unfortunately https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/the-easy-guide-to-theming-marketpress/ seems outdated and works with overly simplistic themes.

The .txt linked from Store Settings/Presentations is also very basic. I mean I am adept, but it takes much more knowledge to pull it off. If there were templates to be tweaked to fit the look and function of a theme--it would be easier to use Marketpress with many other themes, not just soon-to-be-defunct Upfront ones. It's become useless from the perspective of users like me: better than most wordpress users, less than a developer.

I've been working on it for a while now and it is just not non-real-developer friendly. My opinion is that without some real updates and the will to make it useful, it will be bait to sign up, and not be actually useful for what I consider may be a significant chunk of your user base.

As for the surely next suggestion, for less than the developer I can just get the booking extension for Woocommerce.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.