MarketPress + Terms of Service Plugin - need two checkboxes with text areas

As Phil suggested in the discussion (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/add-a-terms-conditions-checkbox-before-checkout#post-138733)
I would like to add a checkbox "Terms & Conditions" before the customer in MarketPress can proceed with his purchase.
I also would need a second checkbox for "Privacy Statement", as this is a necessary part to be confirmed as well as soon as I take the customer information, so the one available checkbox and text area in the ToS plugin is not enough for me.

Can this plugin be handled and adjusted in that way?

What I further would need to know, before I integrate the plugin combination into my already installed MarketPress shop is, how does the plugin affect the registration? I don't want customers to get a user account for the website, but clearly a customer account in MarketPress. By registering in the shop, they should not automatically get rights for the rest of the website, so I did not force check in in MarketPress so far.

Thank you for all your wonderful plugins and work.

• Mason

Hiya,

To present two separate checkboxes during checkout is going to require some custom coding. The ToS plugin only provides for creating one checkbox area but should work if you require username creation as Phil recommended.

The only other way would be to have a developer write a function that hooks into the shipping or payment gateway and adds the fields for you.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• RGerhart

I used a workaround regarding the two texts and checkboxes and entered the Privacy statement as a link in the ToS, which seems to be o.k. under English law, but is not in my country.
    I also test-installed the ToS now and enabled user registration.

But which makes the combination of ToS and MarketPress quite unusable for me, at least I did not find a way around all the points which pose a major issue for me:

1. The person who is in the process of ordering something is completely thrown out of the ordering process by registering at the website. The order process must be started anew.

2. I suddenly get a user at my website, who has nothing to do with the content or comments of the website. The account additionally is hard to delete, when the storage period for order data expires and legally would be necessary to be removed, as it now must manually be determined, to which order which user account belongs.

3. The confirmation e-mail for registering does not fulfill the minimum requirements for a business correspondence and I did not find where to change that mail text. I only found it for registering a website, what I certainly don't want the user to be able to do.

4. When the user comes back to confirm his account, he suddenly lands in the backend of WordPress. Considering he wanted to buy a download product, that is far off from where he wanted to get and at least I at that point certainly would stop trying to order anything at that website.

I have something positive to say as well.
    The ToS confirmation page per se does work great and the html formatting of the ToS text works excellently.

If I have overlooked something and this whole process to throw the customer out of the order process can be avoided somehow, I would be very grateful for your help.
    But at the moment, I don't see that the combination of MarketPress and Terms of Service can be a solution at all.

• Mason

Hiya,

Almost all your points have merit. However they also all have solutions - most of them through plugins or modifications that are easily implemented.

1. The person who is in the process of ordering something is completely thrown out of the ordering process by registering at the website. The order process must be started anew.

You can customize this process quite a bit within WordPress. I ran a test of this. I was taken to a page that asked for a username and email address. Once I provided this a password was emailed to me and I was able to login.
    None of my shopping cart details were lost. If you want to make it so on login they are taken to the checking page you could use a plugin like we provide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/login-redirect/

2. I suddenly get a user at my website, who has nothing to do with the content or comments of the website. The account additionally is hard to delete, when the storage period for order data expires and legally would be necessary to be removed, as it now must manually be determined, to which order which user account belongs.

I'm not sure why the account has to be deleted or why this is difficult. The whole point in creating an account is so you can login again later and reuse your account details. This is the one point I don't really understand.

3. The confirmation e-mail for registering does not fulfill the minimum requirements for a business correspondence and I did not find where to change that mail text. I only found it for registering a website, what I certainly don't want the user to be able to do.

You can easily edit this with a free plugin such as this one:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/welcome-email-editor/

4. When the user comes back to confirm his account, he suddenly lands in the backend of WordPress. Considering he wanted to buy a download product, that is far off from where he wanted to get and at least I at that point certainly would stop trying to order anything at that website.

If you use the login redirect plugin I mentioned above you can drop them right back into the shopping cart. They'll automatically be taken to the next step.

Hope the info above helps!

• RGerhart

Hi Mason,

Thank you very much for this good news!
    I am really happy that I can redirect the customer back to the shopping cart and also can change the mail text.
    Thank you for giving me the required hints and links to the necessary plugins for that. That is enourmously helpful!!!

To point 2,
    that is a bit of an issue, as a customer on my site, compared to someone who initially wants to register for an account at a website and really get acces to the functions and content there, just wants to buy a product. Here legislation is quite strict, how long this data can be stored and that is not long and any renewal option expires after 1/2 a year when the account is not used for a new purchase.

But the rest of the plugin combinations seem to exactly cover my problems. Thank you very much for your help!
    I will try them out tomorrow. You really made my day with this great help!

Thank you and all the best to you,
    Roswitha

• haider

I have requested a T&Cs checkbox on checkout on another post. I am hoping Aaron the developer will head our requests and put one in. Distance selling laws in many countries are becoming more complex and we really need this.
    I am sure it's simple to do.

Creating some sort of custom field creation (as in forms) is probably a good idea here. A tool the user can then use to customise their own check out process.

Haider

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.