Marketpress & Theme

ok- I changed my theme to one of the ones you have. Will it work with another theme I already have picked out. I ended up choosing your gridmarket theme. Anyway- I downloaded some plugins

How do get the marketpress to show up on my site? I went through all the settings. How do I get it onto the front page?

How do I allow others to list their products on my site?

I have no clue what I am doing. I have read, I have watched and am still not getting it. I purchased the premium theme for one month to see if this is going to work for me. HELP

Help: I already have domain, theme & hosting all set up. (Not through you)

I want to add marketpress and a few other plugins to my site. I uploaded the marketpress to my site and it says error.

Please help, I am not technical. I need easy steps.

Here are the plugins I installed and can't get any to work :
Antisplog
Buddypress
Framemarket
Marketpress
google plugin
update notifications

Do I need to add more or take away some to get the following?

This is what I want- please tell me the steps I need to get to this point:

People to sign-up on my site to sell their stuff
Them to be allowed to list as many items as they want
It will allow for them to add descriptions along with pictures
It would allow them to set their own price
Then paypal would work the splitting of the funds
Is there a way to charge a yearly fee to allow store owners to list their products

Believe me, I have read and searched. I am still not getting a totally understanding. I want it to work like ETSY. Where Etsy makes a profit off of each sale. ALL customers set up their own store WITHIN my site.

• Kimberly

militarymama

Looking at your first batch of concerns you should check out some basic Wordpress use tutorials and info. You might find this helpful. http://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress

To create an ETSY style site you will need to take care of a couple of things first:

1. You will need to enable Multisite on your Wordpress install. There is some great info and instructions on that here http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

2. You will need to enable Wildcards on your server so that you can create sites for your users. Your host can usually do this.

3. You will need to apply for a PayPal Merchant account and create an x.com application to use chained payments, allowing you to take a percentage of sales from all sites on your multisite install. The instructions for the x.com application can be found in the Dashboard>Products>Settings>Payments menu and can be found by clicking the PayPal Chained Payments Gateway and scrolling down.

The plugins you have installed are fine for use together. Framemarket is actually a Theme.

When you say you are getting an Error, exactly what or where? The other plugins that "don't work", you will need to provide some detail on what errors you are getting there as well before I can offer any advice, sorry.

If you find yourself overwhelmed you can always use our job forums to hire a developer to help you.

Once you have the first 3 steps set up then you can start looking at how to set up your store, but those are essential to starting what you are describing. :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• aecnu

Greetings militarymama,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• militarymama

This is resolved, sort of. I am still waiting on PayPal (Incansoft- x.com) to receive my application ID. Grrr...this is the 3rd e-mail to them. They are asking for a REGISTRATION key. I have no idea where to find it?
    I was on the phone with PayPal 3 times = over 2 hours.
    I searched the web
    I have asked developers
    I asked on the forum

No one is understanding what they (Incansoft) is requesting. (x.com)

Grrr..I'm editing this because I just received another e-mail from Incasoft x.com PLEASE PLEASE help me to understand what I am doing or what they are needing.

Here is the new e-mail from them You have to enter it on the General Settings page of WP InstantPay when you installed it. It would also have been included in the email you received from us after purchasing it. I have Marketpress do I need this WPInstant Pay (Was I supposed to install this) ,if so how do I get it?

How did you all get approved for your application ID. I need the exact steps. I followed the steps that said obtaining your application ID. I included EVERYTHING they have requested.

I am pleased though, Kim gave me a link for a new theme. I like it so much better. I have a graphic artist working on my header. I am so excited.

I will be asking more questions today. I need to get ALL of my questions on one condensed page so I don't confuse everyone and I can cross off what is already accomplished. Not sure how to do that, input or someone do it for me. Sorry about so many comments & questions

You all have been amazing! I have to tell you Mason (Live class) was great. You guys don't know I truly was THAT person who asked the guy on the other end of the phone , "I don't see the any key, where is it?" So, I have come A LONG way.....

You can see what you ALL helped me accomplish so far http://www.militarymamasmarketplace.com I know I know...I have a lot more work to get done on it. Thank you all!!

• militarymama

I need to know what settings I need to set up to have my store like an ETSY
    Where the sellers will list their items, price, pics on my site - please share

I'm not sure how to allow others to list their products on my site. I don't think I have things set up correctly. I want them to register as a seller first then what needs to happen- How do I activate them to allow them to enter the products?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.