MarketPress Themes - Where are they?

Hi, the MarketPress sales page says that the plugin comes with, "Amazing themes (that you can customize without knowing a single line of code)."

I purchased it and installed it, but I don't see any themes to choose from. Can you please steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

• expertiseonline
    • New Recruit

I haven't tried it. The MarketPress page says that it comes with some themes, not that it comes with the privilege of purchasing more products for an additional cost.

(I don't mean to be snarky, I just find it extremely misleading if that's what was meant by, "it comes with")

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings expertiseonline,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the included theme possibilities with Market Press.

Though I cannot confirm this myself since I do not have the authority to check into your WPMU Dev Membership, but from what you are telling you only bought into the Market Press plugin?

However, I hope to help you get past this.

You can use almost any theme you would like using the shortcodes in Market Press and the MarketPress Grid plugin

However, there are indeed some themes that may require custom coding to integrate everything in them seamlessly.

In addition I have attached some themes that were constructed specifically for Market Press as well that should help get you going.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• expertiseonline
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

I appreciate your response and the attachments.

To clarify your statement - "Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the included theme possibilities with Market Press." - There are actually no included theme possibilities. There are a couple options for styling, but that's it. Everyone who uses WordPress knows "Themes" to be something very different from the "styles" included in the plugin. In fact, WPMU sells WP Themes and draws a distinction between plugins and themes. The styles included in the plugin would never be sold as actual themes on this site - because they are not themes.

My complaint was that the page for Market Press specifically says that themes are included with purchase, but this is simply not true. Themes are only available with a full membership and are not in any way tied to the purchase of the plugin. You may as well have said that purchasing Market Press gives you 160 more plugins as well, and it would have been equally true - i.e. it's not true at all unless you specify that the full membership is needed.

Regardless, I have resolved my particular situation by customizing an existing WP theme for my needs. I was just initially discouraged when I realized the sales page was misleading, as the included themes were a major selling point for me, and started this thread to find out if maybe I was simply not seeing where the included themes were.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.