MarketPress turning off comments

MarketPress causes comments to be artificially turned off. Might be because of this PHP error:

"NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/public/class-mp-public.php:86 - Undefined index: pages
require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/coursepress-child/front-page.php'), get_header, locate_template, load_template, require_once('/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress/header.php'), body_class, get_body_class, apply_filters('body_class'), call_user_func_array, MP_Public->add_mp_body_class"

I'm not trying to be wise but do these plugins get tested before shipping? This is the second instance of a WPMU plugin completely debilitating core WordPress functionality that I've come across in the past month.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @smccarthy,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

This is a simple PHP notice and most of the time it doesn't affect functionality of site so it is nothing to worry about!

Do you have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php file?

If you do then please set it to false.
    This will hide the warning messages and you will be able to use your site normally.

For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

We do test our plugins before testing.

I visited your site and found the comments are displayed by jetpack plugin on your blog posts.

I have also tested it on my test site using latest version of MarketPress eCommerce plugin and the CoursePress theme that you are using on your site but found the comments are working fine without any issue.

Is this happening for any particular posts on your site and only using the jetpack comments?

If yes then could you please share me the URL of it?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• smccarthy

Hi Vinod,

The comments on my live site are working because I deactivated Marketpress. If I activate Marketpress, comments won't work, with or without Jetpack. The only way they will is I post the first comment, manually (in the post admin). Even then, my posts will display the comment form but will also display the,"Comments closed" notification.

The problem that I shared was with Marketpress activated and no Jetpack. I added Jetpack after the fact.

If it helps, I'm using Marketpress in conjunction with Coursepress Pro.

The debug info I sent is from a test site on my dev server. I have the "Developer plugin" and the recommended add-ons setup for debugging purposes.

Let me know if there's other information I can provide.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.