MarketPress update - much improved but a few questions

Just getting started with the latest MarketPress update and so far, I find it much improved over the previous version. Thanks for the work on this. I know I'll have questions about it as I continue to build my multisite marketplace. Here are four:

Question 1
Having a Store Pages list is a major improvement. Can you explain briefly what the Store Base page is used for? Is this the "front page" or landing page of the Store?

Question 2
I've set up two products as digital downloads, yet the address fields and phone fields still show up on the checkout page. All I need are name and email address. I've selected Digital Download on the Product Page and entered a File URL. Am I missing a step?

Question 3
I'd like to change the default colors for Estimated Total (now white text on black background)

Question 4
When I go to the individual product page for an item, the image gets huge and fuzzy. How can I keep it the same size as the smaller image on the Products page?

Thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Andy,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Question 1
    Having a Store Pages list is a major improvement. Can you explain briefly what the Store Base page is used for? Is this the "front page" or landing page of the Store?

The store base page is used to display all store pages links to the users in one spot. It's just like the sitemap of marketpress pages as shown in the attached screenshot.

Question 2
    I've set up two products as digital downloads, yet the address fields and phone fields still show up on the checkout page. All I need are name and email address. I've selected Digital Download on the Product Page and entered a File URL. Am I missing a step?

In the cart when checking out have you added only the digital products or other non digital products also?

Please make sure you have unchecked the option "Collect Address on Downloadable Only Cart?" in the tax settings of Marketpress plugin.

Question 3
    I'd like to change the default colors for Estimated Total (now white text on black background)

You can change this color by adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme or add it in your site using the following plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

#mp-cart-resume .mp_cart_resume_head,
    div.mp_cart_resume_head .mp_sub_title{
    	color: #000;
    	background: #fff;
    	border-color: #fff;
    }

Question 4
    When I go to the individual product page for an item, the image gets huge and fuzzy. How can I keep it the same size as the smaller image on the Products page?

You can try changing the image size from the Product Page Settings on the following path.

Admin Area -> Store Settings -> Presentation

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Andy

Thanks for the reply.

Only digital products in the store.
    "Collect Address on Downloadable Only Cart?" in the tax settings of Marketpress plugin.
    Not checked.
    Still seeing all fields for digital downloads at checkout

"You can try changing the image size from the Product Page Settings on the following path.
    Admin Area -> Store Settings -> Presentation"
    No effect
    Deselecting "Show Product Image" under Product Page Settings has no effect

Further testing of the new MarketPress release revealed new problems. So I deactivated all but MarketPress and activated Twenty-Thirteen theme to be sure it wasn't Customizr. Here are new items:

Shopping Cart widget in sidebar shows items in cart but the Cart page is empty.
    "there are no items in your cart - go add some"

"Empty Cart" button in Shopping Cart widget in sidebar does nothing.

What pages does MarketPress require for the Main site in a multisite network?

What pages does MarketPress require for the subsite that will serve as a template for all the stores in the marketplace?

Spent most of day trying to solve these and other issues but it seems I'm now more confused. I'm becoming disenchanted with this new release.
    I've granted access if you want to take a look. Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Andy,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I tried to access your site using support staff access but it's displaying the following error message

Sorry, this is an invalid access token. You must ask the user to grant access.

Could you please revoke and after 5 minutes regrant the support staff access and also deactivate any security plugin that you are using on your site which prevents us to access you site?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Andy

I worked on the site while waiting for a response. Returned to previous backup of database with Customizr theme because Twenty-Thirteen didn’t appear to make a difference. Here’s an update:

I only have one subsite (01test) in this multisite. This will serve as the template for all the stores once I've completely configured it. I'd really like to get this site working properly.

Image on single product page is still too big.

Still seeing all fields for digital downloads at checkout.

Discovered ”Empty Cart" button in Shopping Cart widget in sidebar links to this page:
    http://teachabouttech.com/o1test/cart/
    I believe it should be running a script to empty the cart?

“Remove” button in cart doesn’t empty the cart when only one item is present.

I now see items in the cart after adding but it is not consistent. For example, sometimes the number of items in the floating cart doesn’t agree with cart in sidebar or the Cart page. The floating cart, cart widget and cart page should all agree, should they not? I still sometimes see
    "there are no items in your cart - go add some" when checking the cart, even after adding an item.

I’m still not clear on:
    What pages does MarketPress require for the Main site in a multisite network?

What pages does MarketPress require for the subsite that will serve as a template for all the stores in the marketplace?

Access expired. I’ve renewed staff access. Thanks for taking a look.

• Andy

Thank you for replying. I first reported problems on Sept. 23. The time it took to respond and the response itself are both disappointing. Version 3.0.x does not have even basic functionality. So I and others have become beta testers for a seriously flawed release. I once thought MarketPress and related plugins could be used to build a fully functioning multisite marketplace. Now I'm not so sure.

• Roger Beaujard

@Andy I said same thing and am having same problems. I feel we are beta testers. I'm 6 MONTHS IN trying to get a working marketplace ready to deploy. I pointed out and tried to help months ago when I had all these bugs with the beta. Granted, version 2.9 was ready to go but MP 3 is a disaster and I will not deploy on 2.9 and then deal with a disaster down the road upgrading stores. I, like many others are better to start with version 3 since it's a massive change. Probably why so many problems upgrading.

I too would like to know when this bug is fixed. Following this post along with all the other bug posts.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Andy,

Can you tell me in what browsers, systems you tested? I could confirm this on your site, on my site, on Firefox on Mac (but not on Chrome), but developers could not replicate this issue on theirs sites, nor even on my test installations (I have to record move to show it because it was not happening after hours of trying).
    I'm trying to gather more informations to get to the bottom of this.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.