Marketpress Update now Speed of website is so slow

So I Stupidly updated to latest marketpress release and have found a tonne of issues:
- Feature images removed and have to painstakingly update each product variation with an image
- When product variations are selected the product description dissapears
- product description font has gone weird
- date has been added to each product (date, who cares what date it was created)

All of the above will probably cost me numerous hours of my time to resolve and change. However the one that concerns me the most is the major major slow down of the site. It literally takes ten seconds to load each page on a very good connection. This is not acceptable. If not resolves soon I'm binning it all and going elsewhere.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Steven,

Sorry about the issues you've been facing here after the upgrade:

- Feature images removed and have to painstakingly update each product variation with an image

It shouldn't have removed the original feature images. Can you try forcing the db update again by visiting this url directly in your wp-admin are:

yourdomain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=mp-db-update&force_upgrade=1

- When product variations are selected the product description dissapears

We have this fixed and it will be included in the upcoming update, for now it can be resolved by replacing the following files via FTP:

/marketpress/marketpress.php
    /marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-product.php
    /marketpress/includes/common/template-functions.php

I've attached a .zip that includes the patched versions.

However the one that concerns me the most is the major major slow down of the site. It literally takes ten seconds to load each page on a very good connection.

Would you be able to send in your FTP so we can troubleshoot further? We have one other member reporting a similar issue, the more data we have to troubleshoot the better.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you grant support access through our WPMU DEV Dashboard then no need to send in the wp-admin credentials.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Steven

Another few bugs worth noting:
    - it duplicated all the product variations on some products and removed product variations from others.
    - It changes the slug so for instance my website currently is /shop/products it changes it to /store/products which could have very bad consequences for backlinks

I'll stick with the old version which luckily i managed to reinstall and configure again at least bugs like Duplicated pictures (apparently due to theme), crappy looking checkout and no double variation drop downs.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Steven,

Glad you were able to roll back to the old version in the meantime. Apologies for the issues you've run into here. Thanks for sending your credentials in. Would you be able to send in your FTP as well? That way we can create a sandbox of your install to run some tests on as we haven't been able to duplicate the speed or variation issue ourselves yet. I'll reply to the email you sent in and ask for FTP there.

- it duplicated all the product variations on some products and removed product variations from others.

As mentioned above, I haven't been able to duplicate this issue yet, but I'll pass it along to the developer, I don't believe my .zip file above will resolve it.

- It changes the slug so for instance my website currently is /shop/products it changes it to /store/products which could have very bad consequences for backlinks

MP3.0 automatically creates a /store/ page and assigns it as the store page in your presentation settings. This can be changed by going to your presentation settings and selecting your /shop/ page. Just letting you know this now for when we have the other issues you mentioned sorted out and you can upgrade again :slight_smile:

Either myself or the developer will let you know when the fixes are pushed.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.