Marketpress User Product Uploads!

Hi,

Here's a question I haven't seen asked, though I may have overlooked, and really the answer will dictate whether I buy the full version of Marketpress or not.

I want a single site store, where members can upload products to MY site. To clarify: is it possible for me to have a store where members create a product (which should be accompanied by an image) and upload it, whereupon it waits for my approval/editing before it gets 'published' and becomes available to the public? And second to that, would this chained payments gateway work with just ONE site, so that the user still gets his/her commission?

The business model is this: I want memebrs of my site to be able to upload images of their work to a gallery (no problem), but then they need to be able to nominate some of those images to be sold as products in my shop under certain categories, etc... it would greatly reduce time if they can create the products themselves, rather than laiden me with all that admin.

Cheers

• Mason

Hiya derinr,

Member-created products would be possible. You'd just want to give folks the role of contributor so they can't publish the products themselves.

As far as the chained-gateway goes this isn't possible as this feature requires individual stores. It would require a new interface whereby PayPal emails could be connected to individual users on a single-site and isn't something we currently have planned for.

However, you could go a different route and use the Membership plugin to block the admin menus for creating a product to folks who pay a monthly subscription fee.

Hope this helps!

• derinr

HI,

This surely helps! The chained payments are not so important, I can keep track of commissions myself.

So to clarify, for users to be able to create these products as contributors, they need access to the wordpress dashboard in the same way that I do? They can't create products through a 'front end' GUI? And with this Membership plugin, is it so sophisticated as to allow me to configure it so that contributors can only see and edit products in the admin menu that they themselves have uploaded?

Many Thanks

Derin

• Mason

Hiya Derin,

for users to be able to create these products as contributors, they need access to the wordpress dashboard in the same way that I do? They can't create products through a 'front end' GUI?

All correct. You may be able to use a tool like Gravity Forms in order to create your own form for new products that the contributors could fill out. I believe the latest versions of Gravity Forms even allows you to restrict a form to a user role (contributor in this case). You'd have to work that out for yourself though - and gravity forms isn't a free plugin either.

And with this Membership plugin, is it so sophisticated as to allow me to configure it so that contributors can only see and edit products in the admin menu that they themselves have uploaded?

You may want to look into another plugin called Role Scoper:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/role-scoper/
    This allows you to further define the WordPress roles in ways exactly like what you're looking for. Our Membership plugin would be handling the payment.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.