MarketPress variations bug...limit per order working improperly

I set a limit on the number of a single product that can be ordered. If a customer tries to exceed that number at the product page level, MarketPress declines to let the excess be ordered, BUT...if you try to increase the order on the order confirmation/order edit page MarketPress allows the customer to exceed the order limit.

• Bob

Hi Patrick...yes, that screenshot is the page where customers CAN exceed the order limit on my client's install of MarketPress.

I just went through the order process on the site in question (so you can try it to see what I am talking about, go to http://naturesfarmacy.com and select the "Weekly Specials" in the red box, upper right).

If I select "DOGZYMES Puppy Bac" and either click "add to cart" from the snippet or go to the full product page and add a single item to the cart, then go to the review cart page (the one in your screenshot) and change the quantity to exceed the limit (4 in this case) I have two buttons I can click.

If I click the grey "Update Cart" button, I get the same result as you...a limit warning. However, if I enter "5" in the quantity box then click the green "Checkout Now" button there is no limit exceeded warning...the checkout process continues (and the almost greyed out "Update Cart" button is easy to miss...it needs to be as visible as the "Checkout Now" button.

I hope all this has been clear...I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning...LOL

• Patrick

Hi again @Bob

You are quite right that the checkout process continues. But if you follow through to payment, you will only be billed for the quantity actually in the cart, which cannot be more than the limit you have set.

If the value is changed in the quantity field, but the Update Cart button is not clicked, the quantity will not change. :slight_smile:

That is clearly visible in this screenshot where the floating cart indicates that there are only 4 items in the cart.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.