Marketpress Variations duplicating

Hello,

I’m setting up a store using MarketPress, but running into a problem. I have one physical product. It has two variations, color (9 options) and size (5 options). When I add the variations to the product, it creates 90 variations, not 45. It duplicates each one. I tried just adding one variation (size) and the same thing occurs. Am I doing something incorrectly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello davideanderson

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

That is not case with me. With 2 variations and 9X5 options, its creating 45 different possible variations for me. But as this is not happening on your end, I would like to take more close look at your setup and for that I’ll need staff access to your site.

So Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Cheers,

Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello David!

I hope you’re well today and thank you for granting access.

I’ve visited your site’s dashboard and created a new product. I added all colors and sizes variations and it created 45 variations as expected (take a look yourself please). I suppose something may have gone wrong during creation of a first product but I think you could try creating another one yourself following these steps:

– add new product and fill in all necessary information (title, description, price etc)

– select “Colors” from “Variation name” and click “Add all values” once; colors should be loaded

– click on “Add another variant”

– select “Sizes” from “Variation name” and click “Add all values” once; sizes should load

Now don’t click anything else but just “Publish” (or “Save draft”:wink: and see if 45 variations were created.

If above “workflow” is different from the one you followed before please let me know (along with step by step description) and I’ll test it on my end.

Best regards,

Adam

• davideanderson
    • Flash Drive

Exact recreation steps:

– Click Add New Product

– Add Title

– Enter Price

– Check This product has multiple variations

– Select Colors under Variation Name

– Click Add All Values

– Click Add Another Varient

– Select Sizes under Variation Name

– Click Add All Values

– Click Create Variations

– Click Publish

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello David!

I accessed the site again and tried a few more times. I found that each time I add variations and do not click on “Create variations” button and the product wasn’t previously saved, I got 135 variations. If the product was saved before adding variations and then variations added and clicked on “Upadate” – 90 variations were created or 135 variations.

However, everytime I added a new product following way it worked as expected:

1. “Add new” to create product

2. Fill in price, description and title (don’t save draft or publish)

3. Add variations (both Colors and Sizes)

4. Click on “Create variations” and then do not hit “Publish” but go to the products list and if necessary edit the product to publish it.

This is slightly different than what I suggested before but seems to be working for me on your site (as you can see I created some products there). I couldn’t however replicate the same behavior on my own test setup so could you please try running a full conflict test on your site in order to find out whether a theme/plugin is or is not affecting this?

The procedure is described on a flowchart in this article (you may need to scroll the page down a little bit):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know about its result, please!

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello David!

This error is a notice so it’s not harmful and doesn’t indicate any troubles here. Please take a look at the “wp-config.php” file of your site and make sure that there’s no

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

line inside; if it is there either replace “true” with “false” or simply remove entire line and then proceed with theme/plugin conflict test please and let me know of a result.

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi createco,

Thanks for the info and for posting in this thread, if you’re having the same issue it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related.

That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn’t confuse issues here.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn’t inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don’t miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.