MarketPress variations update schedule

In an earlier thread about MarketPress shipping, I also asked about an upgrade that expands the variations function.

As it is now, if a client sells "Acme XXX" and has 5 pound, 10 pound, 25 pound, and 50 pound containers of it, there must be 4 pages because there is no way to do a single page for the product but with 4 variations so shipping can be increased along with the weight of the container.

I'm about to lose a client over this. Is this in the works to be done any time soon?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

multiple variations are on the todo list but unfortunately i can't give an eta on it.

i can ask the developer for you, but i can't make any guarantees, i do know it's on the priority list though, but whether it's going to be days/weeks or months away i can't say.

sorry i can't help you more.

• Bob
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Vaughn...thanks for the info. If you have ANY pull with the developer to prod him/her along I'd sure appreciate it. Having 5 different pages for a single product because of weights makes for an ugly website, a confusing website, and a pissed off client.

Its about to cost me a fairly hefty monthly site maintenance agreement.

• Bob

What I am needing is the ability to have one product...say Magic Powder, that comes in 8 oz, 1 lb, 2 lb, 5 lb, 10 lb, and 25 lb containers...be on a single page where a customer can select a particular size and have the correct shipping calculated for that weight. As it is now, you must have a separate page for each weight...6 different pages for the example.

• Bob

OK...just got notice of MP update. I already have 2.8.9 beta, which solved a shipping issue. Does this update to 2.8.9 change anything from beta, like the variations for weight issue in this thread and I should do the update, or am I good to go staying with the 2.8.9 beta?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

here's the changes in 2.8.9 (all fixes included in the beta will be in this release)

Added PIN payment gateway (beta)
    Added Simplify Commerce gateway by MasterCard
    Add multiple currency support to Payflow Pro gateway
    Add Euro support to Stripe gateway (Ireland)
    Add "Tax Label" setting to customize the tax line item label in the cart
    Removed all the old style PHP 4 constructors (Class name functions)
    Remove help screen when WPMUDEV_REMOVE_BRANDING defined
    Fixed order_confirmation_email() declaration to match it's parent.(Warnings)
    In USPS shipping added maximum box weights to flat rate boxes to improve
    calculating the number of boxes needed.
    Fixed problem where shipping option could be unselected if the suboption
    disappeared due to changing the address.
    In FedEx, default to residential delivery. Only allow the customer to change
    residential to commercial if Allow Commercial checked in settings.
    Changed Continue Checkout buttonform disabled to hide during the shipping rate
    update.
    Fix admin styles that stopped being included due to a typo
    Avoid errors in the Paypal gateway if 100% coupons are used by making price 0.01
    Don't show confusing subtotal with tax inclusive pricing
    onhttps://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

unfortunately the variations feature is not yet complete.

hope this helps

• Bob

Then my beta takes care of my client for now. I'll sure be glad when the weight variations are done...that is critical for keeping my client happy, and I would think it would be obvious. LOTS of things sell be size/weight variations.

• Bob

The pretty icons on the "manage orders" page are nice, but I'd rather see function improvements come before prettying up the backend.

Sounds like what you really need is extra shipping cost per variation? That's a bit different (and easier).

"(and easier)"

This is function that MANY users of MP (including me) would appreciate more than a pretty backend.

It would probably encourage more use of MP as well.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.