MarketPress, visiting the store/shopping cart link always shows an incorrect product in cart

Hi,

If you visit http://nealsyardremedies.com.au/store/shopping-cart/

it first shows with 2 items in the cart, even if you didn't previously add them to the cart.

any idea how to fix that?

Thanks,

Jason

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Jason,

I hope you are well today.

That is indeed a strange issue, somehow it's remembering them. As you said you have WP supercache, can you disable that please and then see? Just it wouldn't be the first time a caching plugin has caused these sorts of problems :slight_smile:

I can also see the two items in the shopping cart my end, please let me know how it goes disabling the caching plugin.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Jason,

I hope you are well today.

What I would imagine happened here is that WP Super Cache wasn't set up to not cache marketpress pages, see as they are dynamic, WP super Cache shouldn't cache them at all, can you post a screenshot of the settings for WP Super Cache please? So I can take a look :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there!

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• jasonblewis
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

I'm kind of dissapointed with this.

I don't believe asking for logins and passwords via a webform is acceptable. I offered GPG and cell phone text message as a way of providing logins securely so you guys could take a look but you were unwilling or unable to do either of those.

I didn't get around to following it up because I was busy but when you closed the ticket it reminded me.

I'm shocked that you don't have a more serious approach to security given the profile and status of your company.

Jason

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @jasonblewis

Just letting you know - in my experience with super Cache and many other caching plugins.
    General caching :Definitely NOT use caching on any and all Store pages.
    I would exclude the entire Store from being cached. ie carts checkout anything that relates to the store or products or you will have false returns and carts.
    Cart or stores all tend to be using SESSION or COOKIES to track users so you would definitely not want to cache cart or store pages for that reason alone.
    Items will remain in the cart and not be updated etc etc..

Super Cache specific..
    Even if you deactivate it - it leaves remnants in htaccess etc and still returns partially cached pages.
    If you were to delete the plugin - this is likely to no longer be the case.. (this is just my personal experience.. deactivating it leaves the issues - deleting removes the cached issues)

If you want to use Super Cache you need to install it and "exclude" all store, product and cart pages etc from the caching when it is setup..
    It has been my experience it behaves badly when you try and exclude them afterwards..

I feel your frustration and as with such a large open source community as to why things just don't work and why it can seem like there is never just a simple answer.
    But hang in there.. with over 27thousand open source plugins it is just inevitable that some things don't talk to each other correctly because the base programming doesn't move with the standard in some plugins as things move forward. Some of them setup their own framework which simply means you will forever be chasing the updates to correct with each new WPress update No matter if they be free or paid.

• jasonblewis

Maybe you guys should splash out on a mobile phone for the office, so you can receive passwords out of band?

Last time I tried GPG with you, your representative used some dodgy online gpg thing. Is that what you propose to use this time? Or does one of you have a proper gpg key I can send it to?

I believe it is common practice for software developers to use gpg for receiving sensitive information. It surprises me that you guys don't use it.

Anyway, besides all that, my goal is to have some sort of decent caching and have multiple MarketPress sites on a multi-site WordPress install.

Maybe there is another caching plugin other than WP Super Cache that might work better?

Thanks,

Jason

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi Jason,

Hope your well today, As we're based all around the world, I do have a mobile :slight_smile:

Just if I get you to text me it, then we have no record we received it.

On the GPG, I use this https://gpgtools.org and have a Key, let me know if that's any good.

Caching wise, a lot of people would say W3, But I prefer super Cache myself, you should be able to get some good caching config setup with that.

The most important thing is not to the cache store pages (products, shopping cart etc), The store pages should never be cached they must be excluded, otherwise, at checkout for example it might show the person, someone who has checked out before them, users details as its showing a cached version of the page..

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• jasonblewis

Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'd be happy to have you take a look. I haven't tried turning caching back on since I first raised this topic.

Are you suggesting I place something like /shopping-cart into the Advances/Rejected URIs not to cache section?

what is your gpg key fingerprint?

Thanks,

Jason

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Jason,

Hope your well today, sorry about the delay here.

Are you suggesting I place something like /shopping-cart into the Advances/Rejected URIs not to cache section?

Yes, all store pages, so all checkout step, from the cart to the order complete page, as otherwise, these will be cached and show someones else order.

My GPG key fingerprint is 2817 25A1 D0BB 70DA B721 98F6 5540 8697 03B5 D633

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.