Marketpress vs. Membership

I have a site that sells membership by the year. 1, 3 and 5 year memberships. I have set it up in Marketpress right now with the manual payment option because they want people to call in with credit card info. They also want to use Terms of Service before they even get to the order page. We have special fields set up in xprofile and dont want to lose these. (Im learning)

Which is better solution Marketpress or Membership for this. Can I still use my xprofile info?? Easier way to use TOS??

Sorry to be a newb but I know for sure I will get better using your plugins!! :wink:

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Greg,

It really does sound like Membership would be the best choice in that case, especially if it's a membership site.

The latest version of Membership provides the full BuddyPress compatibility you'd need so the xprofiles will be available in the registration process.

The only thing I can think might take some work is the terms of service, but apart from that, Membership sounds like a perfect fit.

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.