Marketpress w/ Pinboard

The first question that i have is that I purchased the $19 Marketpress and it said I would get unlimited support for 30 days. However, I didn't get any kind of login information and can't figure out how to get into the support or community areas.

I also have a few specific questions to start off and may have a few more later on.

The first is, I am using the Pinboard theme and all of my thumbnails, no matter what size I define them as in the store settings, they show show up blown up to full width and pixelated. I'd like them to actually show up whatever size I define.

Second, for some reason when I try to click on add to card from an individual products page, the button jumps around and make the whole screen flash and go crazy. Looks like when on hover it's changing size and that it's jumping from where it is to an align-right, back and forth.

The third question I have is that for shipping I think I want to stick with the US (maybe Canada as well). I have my targeted countries checked but when I use the weight table under shipping it still shows International and says that if I don't put a price in that they will get free shipping. Is there a way to just take them off completely so that they don't have the option to purchase the product?

Thank you for your time. I apologize if this isn't the right way to do this. As soon as I figure out how to log in I will do it properly. Thank you for your patience and your assistance.

Best,

Nolan

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @nolan_ether

Welcome to the forums!

Well, you obviously figured out how to login and get to the support and community areas, because here you are :slight_smile:

The thumbnail problems you are having are, unfortunately, inevitable with some themes. Fortunately, however, MarketPress enables you to create custom templates that should operate independently from your theme. To learn how to do that, see the "Store Style" section under the "Presentation" tab of your store settings.

Again, there is likely a CSS conflict with the styles used for the "Add to cart" button and your theme styles. Can you provide a link to a product page so we can check things out?

As for the International shipping field, no need to worry. If you have selected only US & Canada, customers will only be able to select from those countries when they place an order in your store. In other words, no international sales; no international shipping required.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @nolan_ether

As I suspected, the image sizes are being overridden by your theme styles. But it is easily corrected :slight_smile:

I notice you are not using a child-theme. So I recommend either creating and activating a child-theme or (this is much easier) installing Jetpack and activating the Custom CSS module:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jetpack/

You'll be able to add any style customizations with zero risk of losing them when you update your theme.

To correct the thumbnail sizing, add the following to Custom CSS:

body .wp-post-image {
    width:auto;
    }

There's a similar issue with the "Add to Cart" button; the form it sits in needs a minimum width defined in your theme. Add the following to snap it into shape:

form.mp_buy_form {
    min-width:240px;
    }

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.