Marketpress - When will you have the USPS September Shipping API Update implemented?

USPS updated their API this week and Marketpress hasn't been updated since July, so it appears it has not been updated for the API changes. My First-Class Parcel products that are under 4oz are no longer being tagged with correct postage. A 0.96oz product cannot fit in a bubble mailer (we don't have bubble mailers setup as an option) and shipping is getting priced at $0.49 - $0.70, where it should be closer to $2.00 (usually around $1.93).

I see that other eCommerce solutions have released updates for the September API updates. Please help ASAP! We have had to disable First-Class Parcel as an option and this could cost us business.

• martinigolftees
    • New Recruit

This isn't so much a feature request as it is a bug report due to the USPS API changes. For a customer with ~1000 transactions a day, this can quickly add up to a net $1500+ loss per day.

A hotfix is NEEDED for this ASAP. Unfortunately, we need more than a "I'll move this to features and feedback" in order to stay with Marketpress as our eCommerce platform. Other platforms implemented this fix before the API changes.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, martinigolftees,

I also flagged the developer with a bug report, in case that team isn't already implementing the new API changes. Features & Feedback isn't a brush off, it's the most likely place for the dev to see the issue (on top of the flags), since it won't get lost in the support forum.

I'm also mentioning this to my colleagues, to see if we can get someone (beyond a tech support person like me) in here to address this ASAP.

Thanks!

• martinigolftees
    • New Recruit

Thank you. We definitely need an ETA soon. If it is faster to move to a different platform, or to hire an outside developer, we will do what we have to do, but our preference is certainly a supported hotfix. If one of your colleagues is able to provide us with an ETA, we can at least then determine what the best solution will be for our business.

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @martinigolftees,

Sorry for the delay here - took a bit of digging/debugging to figure this one out! In the updated API First Class mail now returns a subset of 4 types - of which MarketPress was grabbing the first type. The first type happens to be "Stamped Envelope" so it's substantially lower. I've added in logic to filter the returned types and grab the "Parcel" option which seems to be closer to the rates you're expecting.

I've attached an updated gateway file here for you to upload to your server via FTP. You'll want to unzip it and upload to wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-shipping making sure to overwrite the existing mp-usps.php file that already resides in that folder.

Please let us know if this fixes things for you and we'll make sure this patch makes it into the next release of MarketPress.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.