MarketPress widgets not working as expected

I’ve updated MarketPress and WordPress because we were having issues with customer shipping data, and lack of shipping charges being added to orders. (We’re using the PRO theme). I’m not sure if that issue has been resolved, but I have a new problem. The sidebar and footer widgets that display products have started also listing blog posts for sale. When I set products to ‘featured’, nothing is displayed. Can you help?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi barryn,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I could see that the widgets aren’t working in your system, but I wasn’t able to replicate the exact issue in mine, the widgets were showing the featured products without any issue. Since I don’t see you mention about performing a plugin conflict test, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Is this a live site? Since it’s a live site, I didn’t perform the plugin conflict test, could you please check, and please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• barryn
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the link to check for conflicts. I disabled all plugins. Then enabled MarketPress. I'm still having issues with 'non-products' being displayed in the Our Products sidebar widget. I checked the site using the 2012 theme and have the same problem. Before the update, the widgets showed only the products I put into the store. What could cause blog posts to be rendered as products? Or why does featured products not work at all? (I thought that might be a work around for the blog posts as products issue)

(I backed up the site and database before updating plugins and wordpress. The site is live, but if you need to look around you can)

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi barryn,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your system, and the post type wasn't selected, under Store Settings > General > Advanced Settings , and I changed the internal post type for all your products to Product, and now the widgets are working fine.

Please check, and let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.