marketpress with authorize.net for global cart

when will we be able to use authorize.net for a global cart?

Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Lindsay,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

If the payment go to the super admin, you'd be responsible for refunds, chargeback, tax etc, on a large network of stores, I'd advise you to seek legal advice on where you stand with that.

All gateway documentation is inline within the code, I'd recommend checking paypal-chained-payments.php and marketpress-gateways.php

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Lindsay

Thank you @Jack for your response. I really appreciate your input.

Yes, we are aware that the super admin will be in charge (each sub-site is owned by the super admin so the money is all going to the same place at the end of the day). My main concern is knowing if MarketPress can actually do what I need it to do. I have a global cart and only need 1 payment gateway (using authorize.net) that doesn't get split. Is it true MarketPress isn't written this way - is it impossible to have it use 1 account once we create our custom payment gateway? Or will we need to rewrite a bit MarketPress to allow authorize.net to do non-parallel processing?

Basically, once we have our payment gateway for authorize.net to accept payments on our global cart, it should work, correct? Or is there another step I need to be aware of? I understand I am using MarketPress, multisite and the global cart differently than it is intended, but this is a special case for a client and I'm hoping it will work with some massaging!

Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Lindsay,

Hope you're well today! It's definitely possible, but will require some modification to core functionality.

With global cart out of the box, each member would handle their own payments, so this would need to be modified, most likely to work at a network admin level or on the wp-admin of the main site of the network. Where you could receive all payments.

Possibly even in a escrow type manner, where you can "release" the funds to the store owners.

But it will work, though how much modification and custom development needed would be hard to say.

Merry Christmas!

Kind Regards
    Jack.