Marketpress wording changes

Hi folks.

My turn for some MORE assistance please.
I would like to change the word shipping as it appears throughout the store/site/plugin to the word postage. And shipped to posted.

How can I achieve this in a non destructive way? Non destructive as in can it withstand an update of the plugin. If not, is there a destructive way. I saw some stuff about PO files and MO files, but I have no idea how this works or even if it is viable to override the wording.

Can anyone shed any light on what I want to achieve?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey HypeIT.

How can I achieve this in a non destructive way? Non destructive as in can it withstand an update of the plugin. If not, is there a destructive way.

Changing anything in core files or language files could always be overwritten upon updating. You could do as suggested by Joe, but keep in mind that if that file needs updating as it has changes, then you would be forced to do some manual work there.

You can find language files on the following folder:

/marketpress/marketpress-includes/languages/

As for PO files, you could use POEDIT, there is some information on the WP site:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

For core changes, there may well be different references, for example:

/marketpress/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php

Line 843:

echo '<li>' . __('Shipped:', 'mp') . ' <strong>' . $shipped . '</strong></li>';

Whenever I need to do changes within core files I will use a similar tool to what Joe suggested. I use BBEdit on the Mac. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.