MarketPress/GridMarket Theme-unable to add images to product page

I am trying to add images within the page content pf my individual product pages but have been unable to do so. This would be a simple task within WordPress but for some reason I haven’t been able to add any images.

I did read a similar support post by Vinod Dalvi and I have installed the required wp-categories-images zip, but there is also reference to adding a code to taxonomy-product_category.php, and then I got completely lost at this point!

It seems a long winded approach to simply adding an image within the products category page, in order to highlight additional product features etc.

Is there a way I can simply add images, preferably through “Add Media” button, wherever and whenever I like, without having to go through a mind-boggling high-jump?

Appreciate any assistance regarding this issue!

Kind Regards

James

James

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there James,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

If you’d like to add additional images to the product themselves, you should be able to just use the standard add media button within WordPress.

Though from your description, it sounds like you may be trying to add a image to a category, on the category list? If you could clarify please and I’d be happy to help.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the support regarding this issue and yes I am using the products within MarketPress/GridMarket.

All I am doing is adding products to the product categories within the theme and not using pages or posts, except for additional information pages such as about page etc.

I have enabled the Grant Access if you would like to have a look!

All I want to do is add an additional image in each of the product pages, along with a short product description.

Thanks

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jack,

Just a quick update to the above issue, since it is on the same subject with adding media to products field within categories.

I am having the same issue trying to install my audio mp3 files to my mp3 player “mb.miniaudioplayer” plugin, which is the same issue as the images.

I am able to install easily into pages but I need to have it functional in the products section, where I can put a “play demo” beneath the image of the product in question.

Presumably this is the same issue as the images, since it is in the category area of my site!

Can you advise on this also Jack?

Regards

James

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there James,

Hope you're well today, thanks for your patience on this and the additional information.

I've done some testing and I can't see any errors on your site, yet despite the add media button working, it just never adds the image, I've attached a screenshot of it working on my own test site.

I notice you are using a TinyMCE plugin and a few others, could you test for a plugin conflict following our flow chart here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/ please?

It looks the other issue with the mp3 is also the exact same issue, if you could test for a plugin conflict and let me know how that goes please, we can then rule out any plugin effecting it, or look into which plugin is causing this, if you do find one is conflicting.

Please advise. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jack,

I did go through the check list pretty much one by one changing the theme and disabling the plugins but got no results, however the thread was taken up after you initially responded to this issue by selenamac. I haven’t heard back from her as yet and the thread link appears below if you would like to follow it!

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpressgridmarket-theme-show-category-image

I did pick up on another thread discussion related to this issue which does appear to highlight the issue in some depth and from what I can see, there is a possible code which apparently may work in MarketPress for this issue.

I did attach the link above for selenamac as I was unsure about applying the code myself, however within that thread, someone else has used it successfully to get category images working fine.

I am hoping that this works and will get a reply soon with a possible resolve for this. I didn’t know that this would be a problem within the theme but these type of issues tend to come along as you start developing your site and that’s how they get addressed I guess!

Anyway Jack, thanks for your input, hope to hear back soon!

Regards

James

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply and granting us support staff access.

You want to add image in the content area of product but the “Add media” button is not adding selected images from media pop up in to the content area.

I could confirm this issue on your site and found the issue is causing by “MP Checkout Recommendation” plugin that you are using as displayed in the attached screenshot.

It’s working fine when we deactivate the “MP Checkout Recommendation” plugin.

Could you please confirm it?

I have posted the following reply in your another thread. Let’s handle that topic on that thread.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpressgridmarket-theme-show-category-image?replies=12#post-722575

Best Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for your help with this issue, although I do feel a bit surprised, as I was assured that this plugin would be compatible with MP/GM.

I will try it now and ask MarketPress Themes to assist with the plugin!..will let you know how I get on after testing this.

Many Thanks

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Vinod,

Just to confirm that “MP Checkout Recommendation” plugin was indeed the culprit with this issue and I have now disabled it until the developer can assist with an update.

The media button is now working fine and I can now add both images and mp3’s successfully!

Thanks very much Vinod and everyone who offered assistance with this issue.

James

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.