MarkPress Featured Product in each category

Hi,

I'm actually trying to get the "featured" function so one product from each of my categories can be marked as "featured" and display on the homepage.

I'm using the shortcode in my index.php file to achieve that:
echo do_shortcode('[mp_list_global_products paginate="1" page="0" per_page="1" order_by="date" order="ASC" category="children" text="none" tag="featured" as_list="0" thumbnail_size="184"]');
But it seems like the code cannot filter BOTH category and tag, it is now showing the most recent product from the category "children".
And I also noticed that the shortcode cannot take multiple categories if I have "Featured" as another category.

I've read from some posts on the forum saying that I can achieve the "featured" feature by using Post Indexer, but does anyone know what exactly do I need to do to that plugin?

Does anyone has any solution on this issue? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

• Kimberly

littlemkv,

Hi and Thanks for using WPMUdev forums!

I was able to work up a quick workaround for this.

I created a separate category called Featured, added a few selected products to it then displayed it on a page as Featured Products.

You could use this as a basic start for what you are adding into your index.php as the shortcode is the same pulled from the marketpress shortcode pages, you would just add your parameters :slight_smile: This will, however, only work for your store.

To do what you are attempting to do with multiple stores on a network would be a bit more difficult. The Post Indexer plugin keeps track of your posts (only those made after it's installation) and gives you the ability to sort them. It would be similar to the way it's done on your single site as you would need a featured custom post type or featured category to create a selection to be used with the mp_global_ shortcodes.

I hope this helps a bit.

If you wanted to display only the featured products then you would only need to display the "featured" tag. It would then list all the products with "featured" tags despite their category. This might help solve your problem of only having one category display.

Sorry if I am missing the boat here. Please let me know if I am off base, and I'll do what I can to give you a better answer :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• aecnu

Greetings littlemkv,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.