Marpetpress submit order is not working

In checkout, submit order is not working. It just refreshes the checkout page.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Shalaka,

Apologies for the delay, we're getting unusually high number of questions and we're dong our best to get back to everyone.

I was performing couple of tests on your site and I must say that I'm quite lost here, there are 0 indications on what the cause of the issue is.
    There are usually console errors, or something in debug.log that would point us in right direction but in your case there are none of those :slight_frown:

I would like to perform some additional tests that might be affecting your site functionality during the changes, as see that site has a temp in the name, but please confirm if it's ok if we did these tests?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Shalaka,

I was doing some extensive testing and I was able to pinpoint the issue to your permalink settings.

You are using custom permalinks to set it to /%postname%/ but if you select Post Name normally it will add index.php part in the URL, and with that the checkout works fine.
    I tried editing your .htaccess in order to go around this and added these rules there but unfortunately it still didn't help:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase / 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [NC,L]

#for wordpress with a directory of blogs
    #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    #RewriteRule ^blogs/(.*)$ blogs/index.php/$1 [NC,L]

It could be that mod_rewrite is not enabled on your server so you can check with your host about that.
    If activating mod_rewrite doesn't help you should ask them to check this and see how to properly setup your site to work without index.php on their server.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Shalaka

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for the extensive testing and letting me know.
    I will surely try these things. But now when I was trying out the site, I saw that the Buy Now button was missing. I thought it may be because I was logged in as admin in another tab. So I logged out, and then I am get an error of Page not found.
    I am continuously getting the Page not found error for wp-admin also. I am totally lost as to what has happened.
    Please help.

Warm Regards,

• Shalaka

Hi,

As per the suggestions from one of your techs on Chat support, I tried the following:
    1) Took a backup of the existing plugins folder and created an empty plugins folder.
    2) Took a backup of the existing themes folder and created a new Themes folder with only the default twentyfifteen theme.
    3) Replaced the .htaccess with the original file.
    4) Replaced the .htaccess with the code provided by the tech -
    # BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

But all these options have failed. I cam still unable to access the site. I get a "page not found error".

In debug.log I got the following :
    [09-Feb-2018 08:55:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mp_plugin_activate() (previously declared in D:\webs\temp.boundarysys.com\wp-content\plugins\wordpress-ecommerce\marketpress.php:1116) in D:\webs\temp.boundarysys.com\wp-content\plugins\marketpress\marketpress.php on line 1125
    [09-Feb-2018 18:23:58 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'boundarysys_4295285_temp.wpbsys_mp_product_attributes' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wpbsys_mp_product_attributes made by require_once('D:\webs\temp.boundarysys.com\wp-admin\admin.php'), require_once('D:\webs\temp.boundarysys.com\wp-load.php'), require_once('D:\webs\temp.boundarysys.com\wp-config.php'), require_once('D:\webs\temp.boundarysys.com\wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, Marketpress->register_custom_types, MP_Product_Attributes->register, MP_Product_Attributes->get

I know you guys are quite busy. But I request you to check this on a high priority basis.

Thanks & Regards.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Shalaka,

I didn't access your site at all since my previous comment so something in the meantime happened on your site that's causing this.

I'm afraid that this seems to be something related to your server itself, because WordPress is not fired up at all when your site is visited, and the errors from debug log are from the last week, if those same errors were still the cause they would be added to debug.log each time the site is visited.

But, as I mentioned, WP is not fired up at all so it can't write anything in the debug.log, which means that there's something on server side causing this.

Perhaps these might help with getting your site back:
    https://www.znetlive.com/kb/2454A/support/technical-support/webserver-issues/i-am-getting-http-error-404-the-requested-resource-is-not-found-what-should-i-do.html
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22611920/http-error-404-the-request-resource-is-not-found

My suggestion is to get in touch with your hosting provider so they can check what's going on.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Shalaka

Hi Predrag,

I got the reply from the hosting about the mod_rewrite changes that you suggested. This is what they say -

That's right: mod_rewrite is (typically) an Apache module and it's on a Windows-based server. The 404 error page is configured to execute /index.php, which is how the sites other virtual paths work. If you can tell me which path is being a problem and if they'd prefer a different index.php in those cases, I can configure it on the server (or they can place a customized web.config file in those locations).

Can you help me with this ? Which path should I tell them to configure ?

Regards,

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Shalaka,

I must say that I'm not sure what exactly your host is asking, the question is not really clear :slight_frown:

We did however tried couple of different solutions on your site, by changing .htaccess and web.config but none of the changes had any effect.
    We tried the guides from https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess and https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks#Permalinks_without_mod_rewrite but all the changes added made no difference, like we didn't do anything, which is quite strange to be honest.

Perhaps there's something in server settings that's preventing these changes, so you should check with them about this.

Basically the problem is when going from checkout page to order status, for example:
    yourdomain.com/store/order-status/bf1bee9bd9f7/
    When Post Name is used and when the order status is on yourdomain.com/index.php/store/order-status/bf1bee9bd9f7/ then everything works fine.
    Hopefully that answers their question and they can adjust the server settings to take care of that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.