MartketPress didn't created Store Page

Hello,

I have installed MarketPress on my site and initially the pages weren't created by activating the plugin.

I tried several didn't methods to fix this, which I have seen mentioned on the community here.

The things i've tried:

1 - Re-set Permalinks
2 - Save the page options within the Presentation Tab within the plugin settings
3- Disable all other plugins

Though the pages are not created, (if I go to Page within the Admin Menu I see no Store / Product / Cart page), the links do work with the exception of the store page. I can visit the shopping cart URL and it works, even though no page is within the Wordpress Page Menu.

I have worked around this by creating the Store Page manually and using the shortcode [mp_list_products]
Now I don't mind using this option, as I can edit the page.

What I'd like to know, is how to shorten the text below each product image, and have the descriptions underneath each product evenly alined.

I'd also like to know if it is possible to shorten the description to around 10 words, to keep all the description even, or to create a link underneath each product image to go direct to the product.

Example can be found here: http://vcardme.com/store/

Thank you for your help and support in advance.

Regards.

• PC

Hey there Nicholas,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

In order to shorten the product description, you can use the excerpt option and enter as much text as you want.

Here is how it should be done :

1: Edit the product
    2: You will see Excerpt box, enter the description there.
    3: If you do not see the excerpt box, kindly click on screen options on the top right of the page and click the excerpt checkbox.

Kindly let me know if you want us to troubleshoot the pages not being created or if you want to use it as is, that is also fine.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Nicholas

Hi PC, I really appreciate the quick response, and your help.

The Excerpt option works great. Thank you for this.

I don't mind using the way it is setup now, even though I can not see the pages directly within the Wordpress Pages lists, as long as the pages work when linked to. (Which they do).

By using it the way it is, am I loosing any functionality by creating the pages (especially the Store Page) using the shortcode, rather than using the default pages which should be created automatically when activating the plugin?

If you would like to take a quick look on my site, I have given access through the wpmu support panel on my site. (www.vcardme.com)

Again, thank you for your help and support PC.

Thanks.

• Nicholas

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your reply and help.

I've checked my site again and clear the cache, where are you seeing the pages?

The links to the pages work, but just NOT displayed within the All Pages menu, is this how it should be?

If I log into the Wordpress Admin > Pages > All Pages - I don't see the pages from MP there. I can see the Store page, but I created this manually.

As I asked earlier, by creating the store page myself, am I loosing any functionality by creating the pages using the shortcode, rather than using the default pages which should be created automatically when activating the plugin?

Thanks for your help Ash, much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Ash

Hi @Nicholas

As I asked earlier, by creating the store page myself, am I loosing any functionality by creating the pages using the shortcode, rather than using the default pages which should be created automatically when activating the plugin?

Sorry I missed the question earlier. And the answer is no :slight_smile: Even, this is better way as you have control to design your page layout. I have seen the store pages, but didn't think that you have created it. Anyway, if MP creates dynamic pages in Pages menu, you won't be able to edit that page. In fact, if you edit, the changes won't be reflected in the page.

Using shortcode is no harmful at all. Rather it will give you more flexibility to design the page layout. You can use any shortcode in anywhere in that page :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.