Masked Download Links needed in MarketPress

Hi,

I'm struggling with plugins:

* Membership + MarketPress = high CPU usage

* ProtectedContent + MarketPress = high CPU usage

The solution is to change hosting to VPS or Dedicated Server.

My alternative is to use MarketPress (MP) alone, but MP does not have the "Protected Download Link" feature

(1) Is there a tweak or an alternative to have an addon to MP for masking the link? I can not use both MP and ProtectedContent in the same server.

(2) Download Link not working in MP, like this post:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-email-download-link-not-working

How to solve the problem with the current version of MP?

Happy holidays

Vi

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Vi, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

#1: In regards to the high CPU usage, did you try testing with only Membership + MarketPress or Protected Content + MarketPress enabled, with no other plugins enabled here?

And could you elaborate as to how it was determined to be this on your end? Did you receive a notice from your host about it?

If so, could you post that notice here please? :slight_smile:

#2: Given the nature of that post, not to mention issue #1 here, it'd help to have a deeper look at your site. Could you please send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include cPanel log-in details (login address, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Victor Rak

Hi, Michael

Thanks for checking in during your busiest holidays.

#1: In regards to the high CPU usage, did you try testing with only Membership + MarketPress or Protected Content + MarketPress enabled, with no other plugins enabled here?

And could you elaborate as to how it was determined to be this on your end? Did you receive a notice from your host about it?

If so, could you post that notice here please? :slight_smile:

I posted the thread here:
      https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/minimum-standard-hosting-for-membership-and-multisites#post-799505

Yes, It was the fresh install of WordPress. I used only WPMUDEV plugins.

== message from my host ==

[root.... public_html]# find $(pwd)/*/wp-content -type f -name '*.php' -exec grep -il 'information_schema' {} \;

site 1...wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/upgrade.php

site 1 ...wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/newsstream.php

site 2...wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/upgrade.php

site 2 ...wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/newsstream.php

site 3...wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/upgrade.php

site 3 ...wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/newsstream.php

== end ==

HOWEVER, I've already deleted the 3 sites, so the problems in this thread no longer exist.

**1** I am focusing on single site (not multisite) with both Protected Content Plugin and MarketPlace Plugin. If problems occur with single site, I will surely contact you as instructed.

**2** One thing I am sure of is my 3 multisites with the two plugins caused the suspension of my sites for a week.

**3** Could you please confirm if MarketPress automatically masks the product download link? or do we have to install both MarketPress and Protected Content Plugins just to mask the link?

Happy Holidays :slight_smile:

Vi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.