masked protected files 404 not found/ website images not showing up when logged out

hello,

I'm trying to set up the membership plugin and have a few issues with it and was hoping someone could help me out.

Firstly, images I have uploaded to media and used throughout the website do not show up when I'm not logged in. I'm hoping it's something I've just missed and it's and easy fix.

The second issue I'm having is with protected files. I have created the required access levels, and assigned a pdf file to one of the access levels. Now when I log in with my test account and access the page where I've linked the pdf, the masking works, however I received the following error when clicking it:

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter in /home2/fitfop/public_html/development/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 422
404 — File not found.

I've changed the permalinks around to see if that made a difference which it did not, and the masked download folder is /downloads/ and the actual link is the default uploads folder

the website is http://www.fitfop.com/development/
im using version 3.0.2 of the management system

thanks for your help!