Mass Email Sender/Blog URL in email?

Hey Guys

I must be missing something but shouldn’t it be possible to add the Blog URL of current user into the email sent using mass email sender plugin?

On a Multisite email from the network, you can include things like “BLOG_URL” but that doesn’t seem to work in this plugin. I do see “USERNAME” working on this, so am I doing something wrong?

How can you include the user’s blog url in an email sent using this plugin? Thanks for the help!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there @thinktaiwan

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Currently it does not support BLOG_URL in the mass emails sent to the users of your site. Perhaps because one user can own multiple blogs.

However I have asked our lead developer @maniu to chime in and provide his feedback on how we can add that feature or if its possible to add that in a future version of the plugin.

He should be around sooner than later.

Cheers, PC

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey

Thanks a lot! I didn’t think about E-newsletters but not sure I need to use such a heavy duty plugin quite yet. If you can add quick fix to mass email it would be much appreciated. Let me know :slight_smile:

Mike (thinktaiwan-changed public name)

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Mike,

I was confused that where did the original poster go :wink: lol thanks for letting me know about the change of name.

Thanks @maniu , a quick fix would be awesome and when it all goes in eNewsletter, it would be even better :wink:

Cheers, PC

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks! I am actually considering using E-newsletter instead since you guys seem to have made improvements to it since the last time I checked it out. Is E-newsletter already set up to be able to include BLOG_URL? If not, hopefully that can be easily added. Thanks for all your help guys!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there @Castro Boy

Currently it only supports the below :

{USER_NAME} displays the user’s WordPress username in the newsletter

{TO_EMAIL} displays the email address the newsletter was sent to

{VIEW_LINK} displays the link to view the newsletter in a browser

{DATE} displays the date the newsletter was sent

But yeah, having BLOG_URL and having it show content only for the email address who owns a site would be awesome. @maniu wink wink :wink:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.