materialkitwp- how to overulle the homepage and make own page template

Hi,

I am trying to use the materialkitwp but i have the full html from Creative Tim and want to change the homepage from the theme to the presentation page from Creative Tim. Also, I want to add the form to the contact page, not the front page.

The theme https://wordpress.org/themes/treeson/ has a nice way to do the homepage having the 'features' be configurable widgets and the homepage to load also what you have written on the page itself. I tried to do this but cant overrule the customisation.

Do you think you can help me ? please?

thanks so much
Claudia

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Claudia,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I'm not familiar with the theme you're using but I had a look at it and what you can do to have custom home page is to create front-page.php file in your child theme and add the desired code there.
    I would suggest copying code from page.php and then editing it by adding your own code, this way you will preserve original HTML structure and update it your desired content.

I'm not sure which contact from are you using but you can use Contact Form 7 or similar plugin that allow you to add contact form via shortcode so you can add it to any page you want.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.