Max execution time warning in Snapshot

I am getting this warning: max_execution_time is set to -1 which is too low. A minimum execution time of 150 seconds is recommended to give the migration process the best chance of succeeding. If you use a managed host, contact them directly to have it updated. I have contacted the host, and they say it's set to 300KB already...

sys info on WPMUDEV dash says -1.

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Paul

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you so much for contacting us regarding this and we hope to resolve soon.

You can change the max_execution time in one of many ways depending on which is the easiest for you. You should change this value to at least 150 for Snapshot to work properly but a much higher value will not hurt, I have 500 in my website. Here are the methods you can use to change the limit

1. In cPanel: Login to cPanel, then under "Software" choose "Multi PHP INI Editor" (This may be different), on the next page choose a domain if you have multiple domains. Then on the page that appears change the values as follows:

2. In php.ini or .user.ini: In cPanel "File Manager" or login to FTP and find the file 'php.ini' or '.user.ini', edit the file to add the following lines of code:

max_execution_time = 150

3. In wp-config.php file: In cPanel "File Manager" or FTP, locate the file 'wp-config.php', edit and add the following line:

@ini_set('max_execution_time', '150')

The first and second methods are the same the difference is that with the first method you do it in the cPanel User Interface but the end result is that cPanel will write the values in the php.ini or .user.ini file the same way as you write them in method 2.

It is highly recommended that you set the execution time a little above the minimum recommended by Snapshot just in case.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or queries.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa