max number of levels within a subscription

Hi,
I am trying to configure Membership Pro plugin to allow gradual content delivery (i.e. what you call Dripped content). My goal is to give for free content however to allow more blog posts every day. So seems that a way to do it with Membership Pro plugin is to create one Subscription with many levels where each article/post would be a new in separate level. I have two questions:
1. is this best way to implement this?
2. if so, is there a limitation of maximum number of levels within subscription (99?) as this could prevent me to go this route?

Thank you
Milan

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Milan,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I don't think there is any maximum number of levels within subscription but i think instead of creating number of membership access levels, you can just create one access level and make the posts available after number of days by specifying days in the posts rule as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• milan

Hi Vinod,

thank you for quick answer and instructions. It is appreciated. Two more questions:
    1. I attached a screen shot, for me there is no option to specify in level/negative rules for posts time period. Do you have idea why? Is that a new feature?
    2. My intention is to make a new post available for user each day after his sign-up, so each user would see same post on first after upon sign-up and then on day two he would see the same post as everyone else on day two etc... Is this possible to configure this plugin to work this way? I.e. it is not clear to me if your proposal would make article available to everyone upon certain period after article is published not after user signed up. Please advise.

Thank you. Cheers
    Milan

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Milan,

Thank you for your reply.

1. I attached a screen shot, for me there is no option to specify in level/negative rules for posts time period. Do you have idea why? Is that a new feature?

Yes it's the new feature added in the Membership plugin version 3.5.2 so please make sure you are using latest version of Membership plugin.

If this doesn't work for you using latest plugin version then would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

2. My intention is to make a new post available for user each day after his sign-up, so each user would see same post on first after upon sign-up and then on day two he would see the same post as everyone else on day two etc... Is this possible to configure this plugin to work this way?

The posts will be available/blocked after set time when users subscribed to that level.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• milan

Hi Vinod,

thank you for your help everything is working as expected when setup according to your instructions. There is one more thing I am struggling with. Namely I need beginning of post to be visible to everybody. So I wrote a post:
    -------------------
    public part
    <!--more-->
    [level-protected]
    protected part
    [/level-protected]
    -------------------
    so for:
    1. stranger (i.e. non WP user)-> it worked as expected, strangers were able to see first part
    2. for member that had access to protected access level worked as expected, she was able to see full post
    3. for member that still didn't gain access to that post -> she wasn't able to see first part, so it didn't work as expected.

So as workaround I created another access level called visitor and granted it to strangers (generl option) and rewrote the post:
    -------------------
    [level-visitor]
    public part
    [/level-visitor]
    <!--more-->
    [level-protected]
    protected part
    [/level-protected]
    -------------------
    I also granted to all members Visitor access level. So for
    1. stranger (i.e. non WP user)-> it worked as expected, strangers were able to see first part as they were visitors
    2. for member that had access to protected access level worked as expected, she was able to see full post
    3. for member that still didn't gain access to that post
    a) when she hasn't access to new Visitor level she wasn't able to see any of posts as before
    b) however when she got access to Visitor level for some reason she was able to see full post not only first part, but full message (is this a bug?) and also was able to see:
    [level-protected]
    protected part
    [/level-protected]
    with [level-protected] tags (is this a bug as well?)

Is there any way to achieve what I need?

Thank you
    Milan

• milan

correction in second case tags are not visible (my mistake). I solved problem wit this:
    ----------------------------------
    [level-visitors]
    in visitors
    [/level-visitors]
    after visitors before more
    <!--more-->
    [not-level-visitors]
    after more
    [level-daily-post]
    test 2.2
    [/level-daily-post]
    [/not-level-visitors]
    ----------------------------------
    I had to assign user bot access levels daily-post and level-visitor. Because both access levels need to be infinite I had to create two subscriptions. And because only one subscription can be assigned to new user automatically I had to manually second access level to all users. Is there a more elegant way to achieve this?

• Ash

Hello @milan

I hope you are well today.

Thank you for enabling support access. It seems your configuration of last post is fine and you confirmed this as well.

And because only one subscription can be assigned to new user automatically I had to manually second access level to all users. Is there a more elegant way to achieve this?

So, in this case, the user needs to visit the membership page, in your case the page is http://www.DOMAIN.com/subscriptions-2/ (the page was not created, or maybe deleted? I have created from Membership > Options > Membership Pages)

From that page the user should be able to change (or select) their subscription.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.